WikiJournal User Group/Meetings/2019-08-04
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Minutes were not taken during the meeting so these notes are added after it ended by the participants
Date: 11pm 2 July 2019 EST
Side meeting to discuss technical aspects of mediawiki in relation to sister project application.
- Priorities and feasibilities of proposed technical features wishlist
- How to organise
- Next steps
- Test wiki set up at wikipediajournal.com
- Extension:Page_Forms should be very useful for replacing google forms
- Can it run on WMF sites?
- Would require safety audit
- Start using phabricator
- Create group
- Create tasks for each item (tagged)
- Getting sister project url high priority
- Just same extensions as wikiversity to start (others added as features developed)
- Migrate over WikiJournal articles
- Can possibly get PLOS to migrate
- Implement features as tested on some test wiki
- Publicity & outreach drive (journals, unis, academic societies)
- Request developer time from WMF or apply for grants to fund external dev team?
- Thematic organisation application is separate, but may be useful avenue for grants funds application
- Which items should be put together for an initial grant application?
- New technical editor from rapid grant
- Primarily intended to assist with manual workflow tasks as new systems implemented
- May be useful if has mediawiki skills (or transition role over time)
- Will be helpful with content migration when time comes