WikiLoop/Announcing WikiLoop DoubleCheck
Around a year ago we rolled out WikiLoop Battlefield, with a question in mind: can we make reviewing Wikipedia easier and more collaborative? We are happy to see that many editors found it useful, and continue to use it to this day. As of today, 283 logged in users have used it to review 86K revisions across 16 languages. See WikiLoop DoubleCheck Leaderboard
The English Wikipedia community gave us the feedback that a different name might work better, and after a consultation and vote, we changed the tool’s name to DoubleCheck.
Next steps for DoubleCheck
We now want other language communities to experience reviewing Wikipedia edits with Wikiloop DoubleCheck. We are working at expanding support for 24 languages that currently only have machine translation for the tool interface: Afrikaans(af), اللغة العربية(ar), български език(bg), Català(ca), čeština(cs), Deutsch(de), Español(es), فارسی(fa), Français(fr), עברית(he), Bahasa Indonesia(id), Italiano(it), 日本語(ja), 한국어(ko), latviešu valoda(lv), Nederlands(nl), język polski(pl), Português(pt), Русский(ru), svenska(sv), ไทย(th), Türkçe(tr), Українська(uk), 中文(zh)
Some other plans that we have in stock for this tool include improving the developer productivity for the code contributors, and adding better diff view include extracting url, spelling check, image thumbnails, WikiLink detection, etc, to improve the reviewer productivity. See more on future plans on the tool's page.
How to support the tool
If you’d like to get involved, here are a few ways you can help:
- Review Wikipedia edits with Wikiloop DoubleCheck, particularly on the language you speak and the topics you are most interested in.
- Tell other editors about the tool!
- Translate the user interface by editing on GitHub, e.g. for German and other languages.
- Become a code contributor https://github.com/google/wikiloop-doublecheck
- Visual Designer: help us design a logo for this tool WikiLoop DoubleCheck and the Project WikiLoop in general.
- UX / Product Designer: join the open source efforts in designing the UX
Connect with us
Reach out to us with any comments or questions. Find us on