|This page is a proposal for a new Wikimedia Foundation Sister Project.|
|Reason||No consensus to have a seperate project.--GZWDer (talk) 06:40, 8 February 2017 (UTC)|
|What is the proposed name for the project?||Wikirecipe/WikiCookbook|
|Proposed project tagline||The free cook book|
What is the project purpose? What will be its scope? How would it benefit to be part of Wikimedia?
|If a wiki is created with various recipes, everyone can access it from throughout the world and new recipes will be born. And unlike the other existing wikis, this may get more female participators.|
|How many wikis?
Will there be many language versions or just on one multilingual wiki?
|English, Spanish, French, German, Persian, etc.|
|How many languages?
Is the project going to be in one language or in many?
|English, Spanish, French, German, Persian, etc.|
|Proposed project website address||.wikirecipe.org|
|Proposed logo for the project||[proposed logo of the project, if there is one]|
If the project requires any new features that the MediaWiki software currently doesn't have, please describe in detail. Are additional MediaWiki extensions needed for the project?
|Development wiki||[link for the developing website of the project, if there is one]|
|Interested participants||[list of participants to the project]|
Eversince the mankind formed, he had tried eating various things and now we are eating foods like Pizza, Burgers, e.t.c., There are Lakhs of dishes all around the world, each having its unique taste, culture and speciality. If a wiki is created with various recipes, everyone can access it from throughout the world and new recipes will be born. And unlike the other existing wikis, this may get more female participators.
- Jayabharat (talk) 05:25, 31 January 2013 (UTC) (WikiRecipe)
- Gabrielchihonglee 06:17, 5 August 2014 (Wikicookbook)
- Unlike the other existing wikis, this may get more female participators. It will bring up a fusion of many cultures. --Jayabharat (talk) 05:35, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
- I think it would be a good idea to splinter Recipes from WikiBooks because books and recipes to me seem different. Expanding one what [Jayabharat] said if we splintered them we could have Wiki wide gadgets for comparing nutritional information instead of a fractured system if only some articles were about recipes. --Macadamia1472 (talk) 09:24, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
- I would support this in a way even though it will never happen. If such a project were to be approved then the majority of content should come from Wikibook's Cookbook which I have made many edits to over the years. Wiki software needs to improve though for such a cookbook to ever be popular and competitive against the great number of non-wiki cooking websites out there.--Xania (talk) 13:52, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
- I was going to propose just the same thing, but I've seen someone has thought the same before me. I think it would be wonderful, a place to have every recipe of the world, and to be able to make a pizza, some special bread or a goulash. I would love this. --Alakrano (talk) 11:24, 9 August 2013 (UTC)
- Just because Wikibooks exists isn't a reason not to have this. Wikibooks has the cookbooks section, which could just be spun off. Also, what with someone worrying about vandalism that could lead to food poisoning, I think that would be good for that too. People could make groups that check the quality. Maybe featured recipes can only be changed after review? Either way, splitting lets people focus on the subject more easily. Wikipedia has many articles about animals, but we also have Wikispecies, right? I think this would be a great change. JonathanHopeThisIsUnique (talk) 03:25, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
- Support What exists as the Cookbook, which is part of Wikibooks: can be moved to this new project and the new space allows it to grow faster. --Doostdar (talk) 18:15, 14 February 2016 (UTC)
- Support This is great proposal in my opinion. --MDsmajlik (talk) 20:16, 2 April 2016 (UTC)
- Wrong information or some vandals may result in food poisoning and can sometimes results can even be fatal. --Jayabharat (talk) 05:47, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
- This already exists as the Cookbook, which is part of Wikibooks:. -- YPNYPN ✡ 15:26, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
- Well if it already exists I guess that settles the matter. --俺はバカ (talk) 13:24, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose: you can just use Wikibooks... πr2 (t • c) 21:18, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose: there is already a Wikia wiki about recipes and we already have wikibooks.
- Oppose. I really don't care about what vandals do to the recipes, as we have a risk disclaimer. But why not just improve the Cookbook namespace in Wikibooks? King jakob c 2 (talk) 14:17, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose: This doesn't really seem necessary with Wikibooks existing. Xt0rt3r (talk) 23:39, 22 February 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose: I don't think this falls within the scope of the Wikimedia Foundation. There's a recipes wiki on Wikia, though. - Snajdowski 23:52, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose - already covered by Wikibooks. Additional advertising would be benificial, though. If anything, something similar to Wikijunior may be created. Sovereign Sentinel (talk) 02:52, 29 August 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose: Serious conflict with an existing project. The proposal should provide statistical evidences that the Wikibook's Cookbook can not satisfy user demands. They also should justify why such a project will make a real-world impact compared to available recipes in wikibook, food network, etc. Taha (talk) 12:04, 28 February 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose: There's no reason to split Cookbook from Wikibooks; on the contrary, administrative infrastructure is efficiently used by keeping Cookbook together with the rest of Wikibooks. --Pi zero (talk) 22:44, 1 March 2016 (UTC)
- Some simple recipies may be helpful for many to prepare food for themselves. --Jayabharat (talk) 05:45, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
- If possible, nutritional Information can be added so that people can plan their diet. --Jayabharat (talk) 05:45, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
If it is not possible to have a separate Wiki, would it be possible to display a different logo or variant of the current Wikibooks logo, It would still be the same site (wikibooks) for logging in etc but would have it's own distinct identity, making a sort of sub website 126.96.36.199 14:01, 24 July 2013 (UTC)