Wiki Advocates Philippines/pl
Non Recognized Affiliate
This group is currently not recognised by the Affiliations Committee. This may be because they are in the process of applying for official status, they may not have been approved, or they may be operating outside the Wikimedia Affiliations system. To find the list of active Wikimedia affiliates, please visit the formal list of Wikimedia Movement Affiliates.
Wiki Advocates Philippines is a community of Filipino volunteer Wikimedians advocating free knowledge through the different Wikimedia projects; promoting the use of these projects primarily but not limited to education and in promoting equal gender representation. Empowering communities through project development, supporting global human rights advocacy, and hosting campaigns promoting the free knowledge ecosystem.
This user group plans to conduct the following activities to achieve its objectives:
- Develop the Central Bikol Wiktionary through series of edit-a-thons and language preservation activities such as studying orthography, adding vocabularies, and recording pronunciations through the Lingua Libre and Spell4Wiki application.
- Develop the Central Bikol Wikiquote and Tagalog Wikiquote which are both in incubator status, through involvement in campaigns such as SheSaid and Art and Feminism, and programs such as Hatch-A-Wiki.
Meet-ups. The group will be organizing meet-ups for its members in order to exchange ideas and to find ways to support them to continue editing the projects in areas where they would need help.
Translate-a-thons. The group will be helping new Wikimedians learn editing techniques, and translate and improve the content in Wikimedia projects using the content translation tool.
Trainings. The group will be conducting online and offline training on how to effectively contribute to the different Wikimedia Projects and how to participate in the different global campaigns.
Resource Sharing. The group will develop open-access materials related to accessing the different Wiki projects and develop an offline Wikipedia suitable for the Philippine communities and share it among the remote communities here in the country.
Community Office Hours. The group will be conducting online tutorials, talks, Q&A sessions, and Wikiprojects on-boarding for newbies experienced Wikimedians or anyone who is up for open knowledge and Wikimedia-based projects.
Recently Ended Activities
- Hatch-A-Wiki Project:The lack of active editors and test wiki activity are what hinders these projects to be fully developed. The aim of the Hatch A WikiProject is to develop and maintain an active project, complete and proofread the MediaWiki interface translations, and complete the specific settings for the test project. At the moment, the team is working on Central Bikol Wikiquote (Wikisambit), Tagalog Wikiquote (Wikikawikaan), and for the next few months, Tagalog Wikivoyage (Wikibyahe) and Tagalog Wikisource.
- #SheSaid Philippines 2021: This project aims to conduct a series of edit-a-thons both online and offline. Focus will be on improving contents about Filipino women on Wikiquote, Wikisambit and Wikikawikaan.
- Proyektong AfroCine 2021
- Zine: Small Press and Art Expo (Human Rights Day Solidarity Fair)
- Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos: This is in participation in the international campaign of Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021. Our local Wikipedia projects will benefit from these edits through uploading appropriate photos for existing articles. The main objective of this project is for our local Wikipedia Projects to be involved in this international campaign. Articles will certainly be improved since it will be provided with the right photos supporting the article itself. The accumulated photos that are all available on Wikimedia Commons will find their place in articles located in Wikipedia. A stub article is common in our local Wikipedia, then adding a photo for it is another step of improving those stub articles.
- Art & Feminism: This project is focused on continuing the objectives of the previous year's Art & Feminism in the Philippines by adding and improving contents in Wikipedia, Wiki Commons, and other Wiki projects with regards the Art and Feminism, not only limited in the Philippines but throughout the world.
- #WikiForHumanRights:This series of edit-a-thons will be part of the #WikiForHumanRights 2021. This is to increase content with regards to human rights, environmental health, and diverse communities impacted by environmental issues around the world and provide awareness through a simple lecture on how to protect and maintain healthy ecosystems. One of the project goals is to invite new editors with the same advocacy on preserving a healthy environment and prospect editors coming from different civic organizations for human rights.
- Philippines Climate Change Translate-a-thon:This is a series of in-person events that focuses on translating articles on climate change events especially in the Philippines using the content translation tool of the Central Bikol Wikipedia. This project will give more focus on the typhoons that heavily impacted the country's history and economic development. This will both help promote awareness of the climate history of the country as a guide for disaster preparedness and will also provide a good avenue of recruiting new editors and promoting Wikipedia to college and senior high school students.
- Bikol Wiktionary Edit-a-thon:This project focuses on adding new entries in the Bikol Wiktionary, improving the previous content, and inviting editors to do vocabulary contributions. This project aims to recruit new editors, will encourage mostly local Bikolano writers since they have advanced skills in language usage, increase skills for existing editors and fix word orthography, and add new word meaning based on reliable Bikol language references. View more programs
This User Group is open to everyone who advocates free knowledge and promotes Wiki-projects. If you are interested in being part of this user group, please sign up below!
- MaroBos Incubator, Bikol Wiktionary, Bikol Wikipedia
- Markden24 Incubator, Bikol Wiktionary
- Parasurat32 Bikol Wikipedia
- Julsfabs Bikol Wikipedia
- Zhandro Paulo Incubator, Bikol Wiktionary, Bikol Wikipedia
- Bernsmercado35 Bikol Wikipedia
- Joidee Bikol Wikipedia
- Gnuica Bikol Wikipedia
- Jheckpesino Incubator, Bikol Wiktionary, Bikol Wikipedia, Lingua Libre
- YamPikit Incubator, Bikol Wiktionary, Bikol Wikipedia
- Bal Pesino Incubator, Bikol Wiktionary, Lingua Libre
- Simcha4 Bikol Wikipedia, Bikol Wiktionary, Lingua Libre
- SherylJean11 (talk) 18:55, 20 January 2022 (UTC)
- Rodeladam (talk) 06:35, 24 January 2022 (UTC) Incubator, Bikol Wiktionary, Bikol Wikipedia
- GoldenLeaf21 (talk) 15:02, 25 January 2022 (UTC) Central Bikol and Tagalog Wikquote Incubator
- Virusnecross (talk) 19:00, 28 January 2022 (UTC) Central Bikol Wiktionary
- Tinagoblumentritt (talk) 19:07, 28 January 2022 (UTC) Central Bikol Wiktionary
- Annle123 (talk)
- Karlmandasoc (talk) 13:30, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- Even Barrameda (talk) 12:05, 7 April 2022 (UTC) Wikimedia Incubator, Wiktionary
Social Media Channels
- Art + Feminism Philippines
- EduWiki Community PH
- Wíki para sa Karapatan Pantáwo
- Bikol Wiksyunaryo
- Wiki Advocates PH Twitter account