Wiki Loves Africa 2021/Meetings/Jan 23 : Survey results and needs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
First meeting : Saturday 23rd Jan, 10 am UTC+1
Zoom link : https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83365189302
- WLA 2020 survey results
- general organisation
- tasks and who can help do what
- which tutorials to prepare...
- montage issues...
- ... just add
- File:Final Report WLA Organizers 2020.pdf (this survey was filled up by the lead organizers of WLA 2020)
As an organiser, what more do you think we can do to help photographers with their work and get them more involved?
- training sessions on photography
- outreach session to explain them Wikimedia Commons<
- explaining licences
- Souvenirs from Wiki loves Team and office hours enlighten them about the overall expectations of the project
- criteria for the international selection are made clear for the locals to also aim big while joining the contest
- many of the professional photographers expect a gift that can commensurate their contributions so we might look at improving on quality of our prize
- deploy a mechanism that can promote total inclusion
- Hold online exhibitions video conference for outstanding images locally for each country and internationally
- Advise the affiliates to organise more focused events for photographers, and also involve them in other or related Wikimedia project
- strategy of communication
- finding jury members
- jury process
- montage complicated.
- The jury members were not properly explained to how their contributions would be recognized or rewarded.
- grant money unsufficient
- lack of volunteers and or motivation
- lack of skills in the team
- lack of enough understanding of how Wikimedia Commons work
- copyright complicated to explain to participants
- lack of communication material. Or of goodies
- not enough social media presence
- people do not know who we are
- complicated to contact winners who did not provide their contact info
- The quality of the uploaded photos could be improved compared to the total number of uploaded photos
- a "checking" lead for each country to follow up image quality
- There should be a general video on how one can navigate the use of the montage at least to help entirely new jurys
- To promote fairness, I think the International jury can introduce a cross country participation of Jury in such a way that at least the component of jury in a country must include another nationality or member of other user group as the case may be
- userguide of montage should be simplified and translated
- More support with montage needed
- prizes for jury members, besides recognition
- more training
- There should be Souvenirs shared across board at least to local community leaders to share amongst their communities to create awareness (goodies ?)
- More explanations about the video selection criteria. More explanations on the international photo winners' photos
- Daily update of contributions per country.
- More social media presence, encourage more females to enter the competition maybe have the best female photo
- More instructional videos about Wikimedia for new volunteers