വിക്കി ലൗസ് വിമെൻ/ഷീ സെഡ്
The Wiki Loves Women initiative celebrates women leaders with the SheSaid drive. The drive is aimed at improving the visibility of women in creating new or improving already existing Wikiquote entries related to them.
First launched in October 2020, the #SheSaid campaign on Wikiquote has been an amazing success! Across 7 languages, by the 5th January 2021, it resulted overall in 867 new or improved articles (the majority new). Italian Wikiquote was the clear language winner (405 articles) with Ukraine (187) and French (105) coming not so close behind. This is an amazing result – thank you for getting women’s voices heard.
The second edition was yet again a success with 1500+ Wikiquote entries created (and more improved) in 9 languages! Italian and Tagalog were the most active languages. Congrats to all :)
Given its first and second editions success and noting that there is still a lot to do, the #SheSaid drive will run again in 2022.
SheSaid 2022 WAS OPEN : 1st of October till 31st of December 2022
ഷീസെഡ് പ്രചാരണം എന്തിന്?
വിക്കി ഉദ്ധരണിയിലെ എൻട്രികളിലെ ലിംഗഭേദം സന്തുലിതമാക്കുന്നതിന്.
To illustrate the situation, here are a few interesting figures:
- On the English Wikiquote main page on 6th of Oct 2020, in the Selected people section, 29 men are featured and only 4 women (see the screenshot on the right).
- There are 260 women who have featured articles on either French or English Wikipedias... with no entry on the French Wikiquote.
- There are 162 women who have featured articles on the English Wikipedia with no wikiquote entry.
- There are 777 women and 3504 men listed on the French wikiquote.
- As of December 2022 there were 374 women as opposed to 2876 men listed on the German wikiquote.
- There were 264 women who have featured articles on either the German or English Wikipedias... with no entry on the German Wikiquote.
Obviously, not all women said good quotes that would make a wikiquote entry worth it. Still...
ഇനി എന്ത് ചെയ്യണം?
ഞങ്ങൾ എന്താണ് ചെയ്യാൻ ഉദ്ദേശിക്കുന്നത്!
- Give a bit of love to Wikiquote in the language of your liking. Check existing Wikiquote women entries and see if they might be improved. Or create new entries for notable women who produced notable quotes. Or add notable quotes from women in various entries. Or fix broken categories about women.
- When you improve entries, please add #SheSaid in the comment box so that we can see how much impact we make!
- Or list your entry in the language portal page.
- Relay the #SheSaid drive to your friends and community!
- Place your username and community for #SheSaid drive in 2022!
- Join your local language dedicated portal page or create one if needed!
- If you need funding, submit a grant request to Wikimedia Foundation before September 1st.
- ടെലിഗ്രാം ചാനലിൽ ചേരുന്നത് പരിഗണിക്കുക: https://t.me/+Ro2OSi68A6E13vaS
- ഓഫീസ് സമയത്തിനും മറ്റും സംവാദ പേജ് പരിശോധിക്കുക.
ബാഹ്യ മാധ്യമ കവറേജ്
- Embrace Internet for Development, Herald.co.zw. 28 Sept 2021
- "#SheSaid Amplifies Women’s Voices via WikiQuote" from Diff
- #SheSaid : rendre compte de la parole des femmes, sur WikiQuote par Antoine Oury, publié le 22/02/2021