Wiki Workshop Kolkata - August 2023 is a one-day meetup and workshop organized by the West Bengal Wikimedians User Group. The workshop will be on Wikimedia Commons.
Venue- Indismart Hotel - 13 August 2023, Sunday.
X1, Salt Lake Electronics Complex,
8/3, Street Number 20,
EP Block, Sector V,
Bidhannagar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091
(Near Webel More)
Date & Time
- Date : 13 August 2023 (Sunday)
- Time : 10 a.m to 6 p.m IST
Wikimedia Commons Workshop with a focus on the upcoming Wiki Loves Monuments. Also familiarising people with two Wikimedia Commons projects - Wiki Explores and Wiki Loves Butterfly.
|10:30 - 11:00||Enhancing Wikimedia Commons: A Guide to Sharing Technically and Aesthetically Superior Photographs||Biswarup Ganguly|
|11:00 - 11:30||My workflow of contributions on Wikimedia Commons||Biswarup Ganguly|
|11:30 - 11:45||What can be uploaded and what not||Sumit Surai|
|11:45 - 12:30||Single and multiple uploads. App and browser uploads||Rangan Datta|
|12:30 - 13:00||Video Upload. Video conversion||Sumit Surai|
|13:00 - 13:30||Category||Biswarup Ganguly|
|13:30 - 14:00||Editing image details. Moving Files||Rangan Datta|
|14:00 - 15:00||Lunch Break|
|15:00 - 15:30||Quality Image, Featured Pictures, Valued Images||Sumit Surai|
|15:30 - 16:00||WLM Uploading||Rangan Datta|
|16:00 - 16:30||Tools||Bodhisattwa|
|16:30 - 17:00||Structured Data in Commons||Bodhisattwa|
|17:00 - 17:30||Wiki Loves Butterfly||Ananya Mondal|
|17:30 - 18:00||Wiki Explores||Amitabha Gupta|
Point of Contact
Sign up using " # ~~~~ " if you have an account or else add "#", under the appropriate section.
- খাঁ শুভেন্দু (talk) 09:22, 7 August 2023 (UTC)
- Rangan Datta (talk) 17:09, 7 August 2023 (UTC)
- Salil Kumar Mukherjee (talk) 05:44, 9 August 2023 (UTC)
- Sumitsurai (talk) 13:33, 9 August 2023 (UTC)
- Gangulybiswarup (talk) 16:58, 9 August 2023 (UTC)
- Nettime Sujata (talk) 07:42, 10 August 2023 (UTC)
- Rupsha Datta (talk) 15:46, 10 August 2023 (UTC)
- Anupamdutta73 (talk) 18:23, 11 August 2023 (UTC)
- Pinakpani (talk) 17:55, 12 August 2023 (UTC)
- Hrishikes (talk) 05:03, 13 August 2023 (UTC)
- RajashreeTalukdar (talk) 05:16, 13 August 2023 (UTC)
- Sumasa (talk) 08:11, 13 August 2023 (UTC)
- Kaushik300973 (talk) 10:00, 13 August 2023 (UTC)
- Plabonphotoart (talk) 10:51, 13 August 2023 (UTC)
- Amitabha Gupta (talk) 10:52, 13 August 2023 (UTC)
- Sudipta Maulik (talk) 10:53, 13 August 2023 (UTC)
- Arindam Maitra (talk) 10:58, 13 August 2023 (UTC)
- Internet Dongle (Optional)
- Pen and Paper (Optional)
A total of 12 participants participated in the workshop. Four of them were new. Six Wikimedians conducted the workshop on Wikimedia Commons and the upcoming Wiki Loves Monuments 2023.
While Biswarup Ganguly gave an insight on "Sharing Technically and Aesthetically Superior Photographs", Rangan Datta showed the upload process and discussed about the importance of categories. Sumit Surai gave an idea about what we can upload and what we should not to Wikimedia Commons and also how to convert and upload video files before explaining about Valued Images, Quality Image and Featured Pictures and how to nominate each and their judging procedure. Pinak Biswas and Bodhisattwa talked about tools for Wikimedia Commons. Also the projects Wiki Explores and Wiki Loves Butterfly were showcased by Amitabha Gupta and Bodhisattwa respectively.
Several participants had queries and those were answered. Also, some one-on-one sessions were held to solve issues some were facing.
|13.08.2023||Tea, Coffee and Biscuits 2 times||19 persons||included||Bill Provided|
|Hall Booking and Lcd projector||For Meeting space||1770.00||Bill Provided|
|Lunch||For 19 persons||17955.00||Bill Provided|
|Transportation (Uber)||Transportation for 1 People from Danesh Sheikh lane, Howrah to Saltlake Sector -5 Up-Down||995.00||Bill Provided|