Wikicite/grant/Bibliography and citations of Hausa folklore
- Project Name
- Bibliography and citations of Hausa folklore
A four days event to provide a reliable sources and citations to articles related to Hausa culture on Hausa Wikipedia and Wikidata.
- From 30-October-2020:
- End dates
- to 07-November-2020
- Amount requested (and the currency you wish to receive it in)
- 3000 USSD
- Amount requested (in US$ equivalent)
- ... :3000 USSD
- Contact person name/Wikimedia username
- An experienced editor on Wikidata, Commons, Hausa and English Wikipedia .
- First position winner of WPWP Hausa.
- First position winner of WPWP Wikiloves Folklore.
- Third position winner of Wikigap online Challenge in Nigeria.
- Held Online Hausa Wikipedia Awareness projects.
- Participated in several Hausa Wikimedia projects.
- Contact person e-mail address
[Alternatively, confirm that you have "Allow other users to email me" enabled in your account preferences]
- Organisation (optional)
If this grant is for an organisation (for example a Wikimedia Affiliate), name it here
- Project participants
- Who is working on this project. For each member of the team, please describe any project-related skills, experience, or other background you have that might help contribute to making this idea a success.
- User:Musa Vacho77: Third position winner in WPWP Hausa, and participated in several Hausa Wikipedia projects.
- User:Uncle Bash007: participated in several Hausa Wikipedia projects.
- User:Sanusi Gado : participated in several Hausa Wikipedia projects.
- User:Aliyu shaba : An experience field researcher,
Describe the project or event.
This project will provide a reliability to Hausa Wikipedia articles and Wikidata, by providing references and making accurate citations to articles that are related to Hausa folklore in terms of Biography of persons, Culture and religion.
Why is this project needed? What will it solve or improve?
Currently, many articles in Hausa Wikipedia are lacking citations and bibliography, almost 70 percent of the articles lack references, citations and bibliography, while the remaining 30 percent lacks reliable sources, this project is needed to add references, bibliography and citations. through this project, these articles will be referenced accordingly to meet the criterion required by every article to possess in depth significant coverage in reliable sources.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing? What will you have done at the end of your project?
- Create a bibliography on Hausa Wikipedia for most articles related to Hausa folklore .
- Create Wikipedia articles for notable people, whom are currently not in Hausa Wikipedia.
- Create Wikidata items and link it to the existing Hausa Wikipedia articles where applicable.
- To Increase the quality of articles on Hausa Wikipedia with citations.
Measures of success
What are criteria you will define success for your project, and how do you intend to measure for them? What are your targets for these measurements?
We will visit public libraries, tertiary institution libraries, museums and archives (Nigerian National Archives) for bibliography and citations.
We will source
- We will organise two days training and 1 editathon that will focus on Hausa Wikipedia and Wikidata
- We will organize an edit-a-thon for Hausa Wikipedia and its projects.
- We will create at least 100 Wikidata items, and link them to relavant article pages in Hausa Wikipedia.
- At least, Ten editors from Hausa Wikipedia will deligently volunteer to work in the project.
- We will link existing articles to Wikidata.
- We will make sure that more than 100 articles have references.
- We will make sure that more than 100 articles have bibliography.
- We will make sure that we create 50 new artcles in Hausa Wikipedia.
Who is your target audience for this project, and how will you ? How will you engage the community you’re aiming to serve at various points during your project?
- Our target audience are northern Nigerian community and other people that speaks Hausa as first or second language.
- We will organise an online campaign via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Whattsapp for the project.
- We will create whatsapp platform for all necessary responses.
How you will use the funds you are requesting? List bullet points for each expense. (You can create a table or link to a separate (public) document if needed.
|Pliers and banners||100|
|Medicals (Face mask and Sanitiser)||
COVID risk assessment (for in-person events)
If the project is for an in-person event, you must complete the risk assessment tool and checklist, and provide a link to copies of these documents here. Events must not include any international travel, and must follow all applicable local health guidelines.
All necessary precautions will be taken and observe as protection agaisnt Covid-19, by using face mask, hand sanitiser, observing social distancing and avoiding crowd especially of not more than 15 people.
|1||Biography of living persons||84||https://ha.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hausawa|
|2||Hausa major cities||10||https://ha.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Garuruwan_Hausawa|
|4||Article: Hausa/Fulani religious and traditional rulers||https://ha.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usman_Dan_Fodiyo|
|5||Hausa/Fulani myths and epics||https://ha.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarauniya_Amina|
|6||'' '' '' ''||https://ha.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usman_Nagogo|
|7||'' '' '' ''||https://ha.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayajidda|
You are responsible for notifying relevant communities of your proposal, so that they can help you! Depending on your project, notification may be most appropriate on a Village Pump, talk page, mailing list, etc.
Please provide links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- . We have notified the Hausa Wikimedian community members and editors about the vitality of this project through official whattsap group and personal contact, for their collaboration and support during and after the project, and they have shown their interest to support and make necessary contributions in making the project a success..
- ...We contacted relevant Hausa communities for the importance impact of this project, and were keenly interested in the project.
Optional: Community members are encouraged to endorse your proposal and leave a rationale here.
- Support this project will enhance and bring up to date,accurate and genuine sources to Wikipedia articles. It will increase readability and guneity.Hausa community really needs this project to make its article reach actual standard.Musa Vacho77 (talk) 19:16, 30 September 2020 (UTC)
- Support this is indeed an undeniable project as alot of hausa wikipedia articles are lacking citations thus, this project will provide accurate and upto-date references & bibliography to the respective articles, hence making them more reliable and of good standards.Uncle Bash007 (talk) 20:41, 30 September 2020 (UTC)
- Support I absolutely support this project, for better the best, for better to Hausa Wikipedia, sources and bibliography are important in every article writing.Aliyu shaba (talk) 21:37, 30 September 2020 (UTC)
- Support It is an undeniable fact that hausa Wikipedia articles need bibliography and of course references to reach a standard level. Therefore I strongly support this project for an accurate and more reliable citations in hausa Wikipedia. Sanusi Gado (talk) 12:54, 1 October 2020 (UTC)
Any questions about this proposal and feedback from reviewers should be placed on the associated discussion page.