Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wikidata is an open source development project. The initial development is being performed by a team working at Wikimedia Deutschland in Berlin. In order to facilitate external collaboration, these pages document the current state of the development. For development, we are following scrum, as this also enables to have a visible status report on what is going on in the project.
All discussions and decisions here should be based on the agreed upon requirements listed in Requirements.
Setup and Co.
- Wikibase Repository extension
- Wikibase Client extension
- Links and Resources
- Location of the code and review UIs
- Source Code Documentation for generating http://wikidata-docs.wikimedia.de/
- Debugging with XDebug
- HTML validation
- How to submit a bugreport for Wikidata?
- all open Wikidata-related bugs
- all open Wikidata-related bugs especially marked for volunteers
- Requirements — a list of requirements for Wikidata as a foundation for the work on the project
- Technical proposal — describes the technical project proposal. This is the most detailed description of what the Wikidata project aims to achieve.
- Data model: Technical specification / Primer — How data is represented in Wikidata
- API — About the Wikidata API
- Inclusion syntax — Describes how data items can be rendered on the client wiki (that is, how infoboxes can be generated from items in the repository).
- URI scheme — Which URIs to choose for the entities described in Wikidata
- Content types for MediaWiki — Allow MediaWiki to handle arbitrary types of content on pages, instead of just wikitext.
- Deployment plan — draft for how to actually start the deployment of Wikidata
- Entities and Snaks — notes about different kinds of entities and their snaks and properties.
- Export formats, especially in JSON and RDF — Which export formats should be supported, how should they be used, and what exactly should they export?
- Linked Data Interface — Documentation on the Wikidata Linked Data interface
- Caching investigation
- JSON for phase 2
- Change propagation
- Representing values
- Badges on repo and client
- Notes what is needed to support structured data on Wikiquote
- UI Layout Concept
- UI editing story
- Storyboard for linking Wikipedia articles
- Entity selection widget design
- Entity redirect after merge
- DBpedia and Wikidata — On the relationship of DBpedia and Wikidata
- Creating items
- Wiki links to data items
- Language fallback
- Bibliographic data
- Watchlist integration
- Lucene search
- SMW and Wikidata — On the relationship of SMW and Wikidata
- Article generation — On automated generation of articles from Wikidata data
נאך נישט געשריבן
- References – How to export and model provenance
- Multilingual data – How to export multilingual data efficiently
- Schema.org and Wikidata – On the relationship of Schema.org and Wikidata
- Nikola's notes