Wikiglot is a proposed project for establishing structured linguistic information on languages for assisting in language acquisition.
- 1 Abstract
- 2 Terminology
- 3 Detail of Features, Components & Requirements
- 4 Examples
Wikiglot would provide a standardized packaging of language meta-data to fascillitate translators and language users. Uniques Wikiglot features would integrate exiting interwiki content to aide in illustrating the language aspects described in the language package and generating practice exercises.
- Please discuss the idea as a whole on the talk page.
- Naming for the proposal should be discussed at Wikiglot/Name.
- Discussion about existing similar ideas should be made at Wikiglot/Others.
- Technical aspects of the project can be discussed at Wikiglot/Technical.
This list explains the meaning of the following terms within the context of this proposal:
- entry language: native or preferred language used by user and selected as entry point into wikiglot
- target [language] : the language the user is investigating using wikiglot
Language & Linguistics Terms
Those who are not familiar with w:Linguistics might or education might find the following useful: