Wikigrannies User Group
Welcome to our user group!
The Wikigrannies user group — a group of users who are interested in the development of Wikimedia projects, working in different languages. Older people have great life experience and knowledge. At the same time, they need social adaptation, but also have more spare time and can be involved in the development of wiki projects.
Goals and tasks
- Uniting all Wikimedians of older age, and all other willing people.
- Social adaptation of older people, involving them in Wikimedia projects.
- Popularization of wiki projects among people in rural areas, who have a limited social circle, and involving them in wiki projects.
- Collaborating with local government, organizations, and people on issues of receiving grants and other materials for the dissemination of free knowledge.
- Organizing wiki meetups, wiki seminars, wiki interest groups, clubs, etc.
- Organization of article writing contests, marathons, and thematic weeks.
- At Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm, Katherine Maher, CEO and ED of the Wikimedia Foundation, talked about the role of the Bashkir grandmas played in developing Wikipedia.
- At the international conference of Wikimedia volunteers of Central and Eastern Europe, which took place on October 11–13 in Belgrade, Güzel Sitdıkova gave a talk about what the Bashkir Wiki grandmas have been doing. Following her talk, it was suggested that all older Wikimedians be united.
- When the Wikimedians of the Bashkortostan User Group met on October 26, a decision was made to create the "Wikigrannies User Group".
People interested =
- Amir E. Aharoni (talk) - I'll be happy to help facilitate communication between people who don't know English. This is supposed to be a global project, and I'll do whatever I can to make it succeed as such. --Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 11:08, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
- --HakanIST (talk) 15:16, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
- --ZUFAr (talk) 15:52, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
- Reda Kerbouche (talk) 10:44, 1 November 2019 (UTC)
- --Mehman 97 11:56, 1 November 2019 (UTC)
- --Violetova (talk) 01:24, 3 November 2019 (UTC)
- Yupik (talk) 18:05, 10 November 2019 (UTC)
- --Рөстәм Нурыев (talk) 00:36, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- --Camelia (talk). 06:44, 11 November 2019 (UTC). I support the purpose/activities of this UG, "bigger" people are custodians of knowledge otherwise we risk to loose
- --Тутыйғош (talk)--Тутыйғош (talk) 06:59, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- --Банат Валеева-Яубасарова (talk) 07:06, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- --Guram52 (talk) 07:24, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- --Һәҙиә (talk) --Һәҙиә (talk) 07:35, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- --Хаят Йосопова1 (talk) --Хаят Йосопова1 (talk) 13:33, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- --Юлдашева Луиза (talk) --Юлдашева Луиза (talk) 14:53, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- --Alfiya55 (talk) 09:15, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- --(I'm Akkashka talk) 21:35, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- --(I'm Таңһылыу talk) 22:17, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- --Erzianj jurnalist (talk) 00:36, 12 November 2019 (UTC)