Wikigraphists Bootcamp (2018 India)/Participation/KCVelaga
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- English Wikipedia
- Program Leader + Participant
- In short, I've learned to use Inkscape and create SVGs. Apart from that, I've also understood the importance of vector graphics, and the principles of design. The session on information design was quite interesting, and followup group activity was also good. I'll be sharing these skills with my regional community soon.
- As a program leader for this project, I've gained experience to organise large-scale skill building projects. More about this learned from the detailed grant report.
- More at c:Category:SVGs by KCVelaga; this category and its sub-category including the files, have been created a part of this program.
- I worked on this request on Wikimedia Commons Graphics Lab.
- Note: This is my experience as a participant only. For others, please see Grants:Conference/Krishna Chaitanya Velaga/Wikigraphists Bootcamp (2018 India)/Report.
- What worked well?
- The online sessions before the main event proved to be quite effective.
- The main event being conducted in a educational institution is interesting.
- Having multiple trainers helped to get the queries clarified fast.
- What didn't work well?
- WiFi didn't work well. It is not stable.
- Lunch hour on the first day of the event got very much delayed.
- Generally, a pre-event day zero introductions are conducted for the participants to get to know of each other. But there was only an informal gathering with few participants.
- What do you think could have been done better?
- Usage of plastic materials could have been reduced in various aspects.
- There should have been a formal introductory session on day zero.