Wikigraphists Bootcamp (2018 India)/Participation/Manavpreet Kaur
- Punjabi Wikimedians User Group
- Safety and Security
This was a very important and first of a kind event for Wikimedians in India and thanks to Krishna for organising this. As participants we learned the important skills that we can apply in different projects and create demonstrations for different activities. I learnt about vector graphics and editing SVG files in Inkscape, adding the labels in SVG files in regional language and creating new designs form the scratch. Will try to use the skills in my future contribution to different Wiki projects and would also try to share the skills with other Wikimedians who did not attend the workshop.
Please list files that you've created as a part of this event. If you've created more than five, please list the top five images, that you consider as the best. You can add a specific category if you wish.
Also please link any requests from the Graphic Lab that you've worked on.
Worked together with Satdeep Gill
- What worked well?
- As a participant-
- The sessions, demonstrations, the facilitators were amazing.
- The pace of sessions and hands on activity was good.
- The freedom of subject choice was good.
- Resources availability was good.
- The way questions were addressed and the kind of assistance offered was good.
- As a member of organising team-
- The team work was good. The silent support and understanding between the members was appreciable.
- What didn't work well?
- No complaints
- What do you think could have been done better?
- Every event is a learning in itself. It was an amazing event overall and there's always scope for improvement, may be better internet and handbook of information for participants.