Wikigraphists Bootcamp (2018 India)/Participation/Sushant Savla
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Gujarati Indic Wiki Community
- I was not aware of the software or graphic aspects of Wiki projects. This Camp introduced me to the graphics area of Wiki projects. I learnt about Vector graphics its advantages, How to use Inkscape and create images, Principles of Design, Colour Scheme, layout, Graphics lab etc.
- I will be using this skills in conversion of PNG and JPG images in SVG and help out requests in Graphics lab. I have registered name in graphic labs volunteers.
- I have plans to organize such camps on a small scale for local communities.
I have worked on c:category:Category:Images that should use vector graphics, My creations are:
Apart fromm this i have converted around 20 more PNG / GPGS into svgs which can be seen in my Contribution page on Commons
- What worked well?
- The Sessions were nicely managed. Online Sessions and the resource videos shared were of great help.
- What didn't work well?
- Nothing as such.
- What do you think could have been done better?
- Experts from specific area such as cartography could have been invited to give further inputs.
- I personally always miss the souvenirs from the Camps. The tradition has been stopped off late. It needs to be started.
- Next time we need to include a edit-thon, where in all work on some practice example, after having learnt in training.
- My special thanks and congratulations to Organizers for conducting it.
- Further to carry out further camps on advance topics or GIMP, Animation etc.