Actually, there is already a Wikijunior in Wikibooks, but I think that Wikijunior should not be in Wikibooks, they should separate apart. This is my main purpose.
I have saw that the people of children users of Wikipedia became more and more, but I have realized that the words in Wikipedia was really too hard for them and also me to read and understand. So, I want to build a new wiki to collect articles from Wikipedia and change it shorter and simpler for the children to read. At last, I hope that you will support this project. Thank you!
There is now two proposed project name, which is "Wikichild", "Wikijunior" and "Wikikids". Please leave your sign here to show which you like more. Thank you!
- Kids and Schools both already exist and Junior deals with elder people. Vaticoin aka ONaNcle (talk) 15:19, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
The target of Wikikids:
- Let the children have a better version of Wikipedia, since the current Wikipedia was really too difficult for them to understand.
- Use Wikichild to introduce them to Wikipedia when they become big.
- Let children also know how to use Wikipedia.
- Teach them to use Wikicode.
|Other language||fr, als, ar, ca, de, el, en, eo, es, eu, hu, id, ja, jv, ko, ms, pl, pt, mr, nl, ro, ru, sl, sv, sw, tr, yue, zh-hans, zh-hant|
Proposed Domain names
www.childwiki.org (Token Already)
www.wikijunior.org (Proprerty of Wikimedia foundation)