Wikimédiens du Mali User Group/Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 in Mali
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following objectives. You can add or remove goals as needed.
- Introduce Wiki Folklore to Malian contributors. First our community, then the office for new Malian Wikimedia contributors
- Invite professional and non-professional photographers and encourage them to continue contributing to Wikimedia movement projects.
- Add images, videos and audios of different cultures of Mali on Commons.
- Create and improve articles through things related to Malian folklore culture on Wikipedia and its sister projects
Tell us how you are going to carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
'1. What content will the contest focus on and why is it important to your community?
- We are sure that our country Mali is very rich in folklore such as the old popular dances of the different ethnic groups of Mali, our tales, our traditional songs, folk music, our mythological beliefs, our traidtions and customs of the calendar, folk arts, folk games, our folk theatrical performances and everything related to the ways of life of our peoples
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
"You may also provide information about the external social media channels you use."
- Offline: First we talk about it among us Wikimedians and in our different meetings
- Online: We have our facebbok Wikimedia page where we will talk about it https://www.facebook.com/wikimedia.mali
3. How will you let participants know about the contest? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- We will create project pages on meta and commons. We will communicate a lot to have many contributors. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Folklore_2022_in_Mali
A jury of 5 professionals photographers will be set up to judge the contributions and select the best Wikipedia contributor during the competition
4. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
Note: We will strictly adhere to compliance
- the jury will be independent and will choose the winner of the competition
5. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We are going to organize edit-a-thons and upload the images first to commons then see if it is possible to put them on articles. Also from the photos we will make contribution workshops to enhance the photos in the articles that will be created.
6. Do you host any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to follow the steps outlined in the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
7. Would you like to tell us anything else about this project?
How will you know if the project is a success and if you have achieved your objectives? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants = 60
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons = 120+
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects = 60+
For article writing contests:
- Number of participants= 60 +
- Number of articles created or improved = 30 +
What resources do you have? Include information about who is organizing the project, what they will do, and whether you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list the bullet points for each expense and include a total amount
- 1 USD = 579.252 (XOF) as of January 28th 2021 Oanda
- Project budget table
|No.||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||’Summary'|
|Events||Location||2||$300||$600||All in-person meetings will follow COVID-19 [http://www.sante.gov.ml/|
|Branding and Stationery||T shirts||50||$8||$400||A t-shirt will be given to the contributor who uploaded a good number of quality photos, as well as to the participant who won the local ISA competition.|
|Communication, awareness and COVID-19 equipment||Internet at events||4||$50||$200||The internet will be used during the events for photo uploads and the edit-a-thon. Communication (online press and social networks...)|
|Social Media (Promotion)||10||$40||$400|
|COVID-19 equipment||-||-||$200||Hand sanitizer, soaps, sink and face masks|
|Closing ceremony||Presentation of awards||(1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th)||$300||$300||The prize will be awarded in the form of vouchers and certificates. We will be giving away voucher cards worth $150 to the first winner, $100 to the second winner and $50 to the third for the photo contest, and $100 to the top wikipedia contributor; winners can spend voucher cards on whatever they choose.|
|Drinks and snacks||-||$300||$300|
|Amount for contingencies||$100||Unexpected expenses|
|Total: USD 3,612.39|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!