From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Wikimania 2009 was held in Buenos Aires, Argentina, August 26-28, 2009.
- Official wiki: wikimania2009.wikimedia.org
- Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina; theatres and a cultural center (Centro Cultural General San Martín).
- Attendance: 559+ (408 registered, 151 press, ?? sponsors)
- Conference languages: English, Spanish
- Cost to attend: (early); (late); see 
- Accommodation: the Bauen Hotel (89 rooms)
- Keynote speakers: Richard Stallman, Jimmy Wales
- Program information: Full Schedule
- Link to CfP: Call for Participation 2009
- Link to program proceedings: linked from the above schedule, probably all also in Category:Presentations
- Session videos: at Wikimedia Commons
- Preconferences: none; instead of the usual "hacking days", a "Codeathon" will take place throughout the conference
- WMF organizational meetings, special meetings: Chapters meeting, The future of Wikimania
- Program software used:
- Program review process used:
- Themes: 2 tracks; casual track and academic track. 4 themes for both tracks: Wikimedia Communities; Free Knowledge; Latin American challenges; Technical infrastructure.
- Types of submissions: posters, open space discussions, and artistic works (2 submission dates); workshops, panels, presentations (1 submission date).
- Parallel sessions: 5
- Program committee:
- Link to photos: Wikimania 2009 on Wikimedia Commons; flickr (official account; "wikimania2009" tag)
- Media stories:
- Number of journalists:
- Lead organizers (note!please add to and/or correct if necessary): Patricio Lorente (lead organizer); Carlos Barcenilla (program); many others
- Planning wiki: Teamwiki, wikimania2009.wikimedia.org and OCS
- Planning mailing list:
- Program/registration software used: Open Conference Systems installed on the wikimania2009 site by the devs: ocs.wikimania2009.wikimedia.org
- Bid page:: Buenos Aires (Wikimania 2009/Bids)
Budget and funding:
- Total budget: Estimated budget in the bid $ 268,315.
- Scholarship budget:
- Total scholarships awarded:
- Link to budget breakdown:
- Funds from the WMF:
- Sponsors: The Richard Lounsbery Foundation, Answers,com, Kaltura open source video, Buenos Aires Gobierno de la Ciudad (Buenos Aires city council), Wikimedia Deutschland, wikiHow, wikis, Open Societies Foundations, Banco Credicoop. List of the sponsors.
- Registration costs
- Until 30 July 2009: USD 45
- After 30 July 2009: USD 60
- Postmortem page: https://wikimania2009.wikimedia.org/wiki/Postmortem/Conclusions and Wikimania 2009/Tech post-mortem notes
- Suggestions page:
- Budget reports:
- Other reports: