Wikimania 2014 bid selection timeline
This is a rough timeline for the Wikimania 2014 selection. Please note that these times may be subject to some revision. You should check back to the scheduled date of the item for which you're interested; or subscribe to mail:wikimania-l for announcements.
- October, 2012: Wikimania 2014 jury [ call for volunteers]
- December 2012: Jury selection announced; Bidding officially opens
- 23:59 UTC 31 January 2013: Bidding creation closes; list of running cities announced by Jury.
- All cities which intend to run for the bidding process should have created a page on meta and entered the official list. New bids will not be accepted after this date. At this stage the Bid should include a proposed venue, list of several team members, and proposed local partners (municipality, unversity, etc.)
- 23:59 UTC 15 March 2013: Bidding ends; all major information on the bid pages must be final.
- Mid-March 2013: Question & Answer phase begins; bid teams answer questions from Jury and public and refine their bids.
- End-March/Early April 2013: First public meeting with bidders on IRC (#wikimania channel on Freenode). The meeting is planned to last 90-120 minutes.
- Early-Mid April: Second public meeting with bidders on IRC (#wikimania channel on Freenode).
- Mid-April 2013: Question & Answer phase ends; beginning of Jury deliberation.
- 1 May 2013: Jury decision made; announcement of host city to bidders and public.