This is a rough timeline for the Wikimania 2015 selection. Please note that these times may be subject to some revision. You should check back to the scheduled date of the item for which you're interested; or subscribe to mail:wikimania-l for announcements.
- 1 November 2013: Wikimania 2015 jury call for volunteers
- 23 December 2013: Jury selection announced; Bidding officially opens. All cities which intend to submit a proposals to host should create a page on meta and enter the official list. The Steering Committee would like to emphasize the need for communication with prospective hosts during the bidding process. Assistance with preparation of the bids and answering questions should be directed to email@example.com
- 14 March 2014 : Bidding ends.
- mid- March 2014: Question & Answer phase begins; bid teams answer questions from Jury and public and refine their bids.
- March 2014: Public meetings with bidders on IRC (#wikimaniaconnect channel on Freenode).
- Early April: Question & Answer phase ends; beginning of Jury deliberation.
- 15 April 2014: Jury decision made; recommendation to WMF and Steering Committee.
- May 2014: Announcement to community on selected host
Bidding for Wikimania 2015
If you're thinking of bidding, add it to the unofficial bids below. Then go to Wikimania 2015 judging criteria for instructions on how to prepare a bid to host.
- Mexico City, Mexico (chosen by the jury; vetted by the Wikimedia Foundation)
Bali, Indonesia(disqualified by the jury)
Esino Lario, Lake Como region, Italy(moved to 2016)