Wikimedia+Education Conference 2019/Submissions/A national contest about Wikipédia for the highschool students : Wikiconcours lycéen
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
A national contest about Wikipédia for the highschool students : the Wikiconcours lycéen
- Author(s) of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
France and some other countries
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Main theme
- Skills for life, how we make it happen
- Type of session
- 20min of presentation + 10min Q/R
- Teachers and students
- Length of session
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
The Wikiconcours lycéen is a project runned more than 6 years now in partnership with the French Ministry of Education. It gathers around 800 to 1000 students and their teachers about editing Wikimedia projects mainly Wikipedia and Commons. Over the years this contest has endowed with educational materials as well technicals as human. It's a wonderful project to learn to the students the critical thinking and the co-production of knowledge. After 10 months of contributions, these are evaluated by a jury and three classes are the winners. We now have enough perspective to know what works and whats doesn't work and what are the differents pedagogical projects run by teachers (in collaboration with archives, museums, municipalities...).
- How does your proposal add knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
- How to run a project on a year to edit Wikimedia project with students ?
- What are the mainly challenges and what means added to the project to be more effective ?
- How to evaluate contributions in a class project ?
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic?
- People who work in education or volunteers
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.