- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Edit Relay
- Author(s) of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country/place of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- PhilWiki Community
- Main theme
- Type of session
- Lightning talk
- teachers, students
- Length of session
- 5 min
Learners learn things by doing it according to John Dewey in his Experiential Theory (1938). Traditionally, we teach participants in a small face-to-face class tutorial or in a whole day workshop set up, requiring them to individually create one or several articles as their output. However, this approach ignores the whole idea of writing collaboratively where participants are supposed to work on one or more particular articles and simultaneously collaborate to improve these articles at a given period of time. The teacher or tutor only serves as a guide who help with the technicalities such as formatting or adding templates. This activity can be done inside the classroom or at a scheduled time online using a combination of web conferencing, online group chat and/or discussion in the talk page.
- How does your proposal adds knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education?
- Participants will get to understand how collaboration works in writing a Wikipedia article instead of writing it alone especially if you have a small community of editors
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic? teachers and editors of small Wikipedias
- Slides or further information
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.