- Scholarship application deadline: December 31
- Scholarship notification: January 31
- Confirmations: February 10
cholarships will be given to participants based on the information given at the application about their previous experiences and engagement. Any active contributor to a Wikimedia project or Wikimedia volunteer in any other capacity, from anywhere in the world, is considered eligible for a scholarship.
We are looking for attendees who:
- Participate in Wikimedia projects (especially education projects) in their capacity as staff or volunteer or want to create new education projects.
- Want to work together, building community and sharing strategies to support and promote education in Wikimedia.
- Are from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience levels.
- Can share information about education and Wikipedia in the community they work with.
Participants can apply for one of these 3 types of scholarships (indicate in the application):
- Scholarship for conference participation: Covers the cost of conference participation.
- Scholarship for conference participation + accommodation: Covers the cost of conference participation and shared accommodation.
- Scholarship for conference participation + accommodation + travel expenses: Covers the cost of conference participation, shared accommodation and travel expenses.
Applicants that do not qualify for this last scholarship (3), will be considered and evaluated for one of the lesser scholarships (1 or 2).
All successful scholarship applicants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements with approval of BWUG.
- Monday 31 December: Deadline for Scholarship applications.
- 1 January - 28 January: Applications review by scholarship committee.
- By 31 January: All successful scholarship applicants are notified.
- All successful scholarship applicants will have to confirm assistance within 10 days (10 February maximum)
All applications that are elegible for a scholarship will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee with a in-depth evaluation. With a determined scoring system, each application will be independently reviewed and scored, creating a list.
Taking into account the budget available for Scholarships, a estimation on per-applicant cost will be done (taking into account the type of scholarship they apply for and which one is possible) and the Scholarship Committee, with approval of WMF, will notify the successful scholarship applicants. Successful scholarship applicants, after receiving notification, will have to confirm assistance, if not, following the score system, new successful applicants will be notified.