Wikimedia/Museum Day 2020/Wikidata Competition
This competition was about improving data about museums in Austria, France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland on Wikidata.
It started on 3 May 2020 and ended on 18 May 2020, the International Museum Day.
Categories and prizes
There are 5 categories:
- data about museums in Austria
- data about museums in France
- data about museums in Germany
- data about museums in Italy
- data about museums in Switzerland
Wikimedia CH, Wikimedia Deutschland, Wikimédia France, Wikimedia Italia and Wikimedia Österreich donate 3 prizes each for top 3 contributors to the category of their country. This makes a total of 15 prizes. The prizes are purchases or vouchers for selected online shops. They are for each category:
- 1st place: worth up to 250 EUR
- 2nd place: worth up to 150 EUR
- 3rd place: worth up to 50 EUR
Please contact the prize donor before you order your prize in one of the selected online shops on your own.
|Category||Prize donor||Selected online shops|
|Museums in Austria||Wikimedia Österreich
|Albertina – Kunsthistorisches Museum – Bestattungsmuseum Wien – Altwiener Schnapsmuseum – Komische Künste – Wien Museum – Bank Austria Kunstforum – Leopoldmuseum – Architekturzentrum Wien – Schloss Schönbrunn / Sisi Museum / Hofburg|
|Museums in France||Wikimédia France
|Museums in Germany||Wikimedia Deutschland
|Jakobi & Müller – Hugendubel – Medimops – Thalia – Lehmanns – SMB Shop|
|Museums in Italy||Wikimedia Italia
|Feltrinelli – Libraccio|
|Museums in Switzerland||Wikimedia CH
|Museumspass – Orell Füssli – Kunsthaus Zürich – Museum für Gestaltung Zürich – Historisches Museum Bern – Historisches Museum Basel - or any online museum shop of your choice|
- The competition took place from Sunday, 3 May 2020, 00:00 CEST until Monday, 18 May 2020, 23:59 CEST.
- In order to participate, you had to join at least one Dashboard for one of the five categories:
- You could participate in one or more than one categories.
- You could enroll at any time during the competition.
- The objective of the competition was to accumulate the most points.
- You earned points by editing Wikidata items of museums in Austria, France, Germany, Italy and/or Switzerland.
- Only data collected in the Dashboards was taken into account when calculating the score.
- Bots were excluded from participation but you could use other editing tools.
- The score was calculated, and the results announced, in the week following the competition.
- You had to make sure you allow other users to email you in your preferences so that the prize donors could reach you in case you win a prize.
- The score was calculated based on the Characters added metrics in the Dashboard(s).
- 1 added character = 1 point
- Since recent edits can take some time to appear in the Dashboards, the score was calculated at least 24 hours after the end of the competition.
Which Wikidata items count?
- Only edits to items with an instance of (P31) statement with a value that is some sort of museum (Q33506) in Austria (Q40), France (Q142), Germany (Q183), Italy (Q38) and Switzerland (Q39) as well as edits to items which are objects with a location (P276) in one of these museums were counted. For edits on French museums to be counted you had to join the France Dashboard, for swiss museums the Dashboard Switzerland etc.
- Both items existing prior to the start of the competition and created during the competition were counted.