Wikimedia Australia/Meeting 4/Summary
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Incorporated association looking like the way to go.
- Need explanation of what an incorporated association is, probably on OrgGroup page.
- Victoria won't let us have online meetings, NSW says "yes" then "maybe", need to make sure.
Consensus decision making
- Mostly held off until newhoggy can fully discuss, but agreement is that it looks ok, although we will need to get a legal opinion on whether we can use it.
- To be run in a moderated IRC room.
- Keep them informal for now - having them as legal entities would be too difficult, and cause too many problems.
Finalisation of documents
- Mission Statement is mostly fine now.
- Need to merge two versions of Draft Constitution (original and consensus version) ASAP. Then, let any changes develop through natural discussion.
- Documents can be finalised closer to incorporation.
Trademark agreement with Foundation
- Need to have an actual group to sign agreement, but shouldn't wait for incorporation.
- Need to speak to Chapters Committee to get their OK on incorporating as Wikimedia Australia.
- Also need to double-check specific requirements for being an official chapter (Chapters FAQ needs updating)
Planned incorporation date
- Too early to say, but looking at October as a target.
Membership structure / Election procedure
- Should only let ordinary members vote (junior members disallowed by law, corporate members more of a revenue source)
- Need a meeting of the Organisation Group to confirm what we need legally vs what is best for us
- No, Meta is fine for now.
- Top priority is to get Organisation Group and Education Committee meeting in next couple of weeks.
- Next general meeting TBA, after these. See Wikimedia Australia/Meeting 5.