|This is an unofficial page of Wikimedia Botswana|
(Please join us on Facebook)
Wikimedia Botswana (WMBW or WB) is a group of volunteers who are working in an initiation of a local Botswana Chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikimedia Botswana has been suggested as a name to represent this group of volunteers and it will be for all Wikimedians residing in Botswana.
Mission: Our mission is to effectively engage all sectors in Botswana and encourage everyone to help develop online content, to periodically edit on Wikipedia and promote the use of free online resources of the Wikimedia Foundation to develop the lives of every individual.
If you are interested in being a contributor to our Wikipedia page follow the steps below:
- Create a Wikipedia Account (Highly Recommended).
- Log in with you credentials to the Setswana Wikipedia, English Wikipedia, or Wikipedia in another language (see www.wikipedia.org), and choose any article you are interested in working on.
- For further details join our Facebook group or better still like our Wikimedia Botswana Facebook Page.
- Learn how to become a Wikipedia contributor here: Contribution Help.
|Liste over medlemmer. Tilføj også dit navn!|
Venligst tilføj dit navn
If you would like to take part. Simply click on the edit link on your top right and scroll down till you see the markup for usernames
|Philatelic Museum (see also), Botswana partners with Wikimedia Botswana to promote GLAM|
- Wikimania 2013 Registration is open.
- The Wikimedia Foundation is offering new kinds of funding for projects, including grants for individuals.Get Involved
Possible Pilot Projects
- Wikimedia Botswana hosts GLAM Outreach.
- Wikimedia Botswana introduces Wikiversity to schools in Gaborone as a learning toolkit.
- You can also contribute Wikiversity pages in Setswana on Wikiversity Beta.
- Setswana Wikipedia Challenge
- Sestswana Wikipedia Challenge was sponsored by Google Inc. and the Wikimedia Foundation, with the support of a Wikimedia volunteer from Kenya. This is was an opportunity to bring Africa's information online by creating Wikipedia articles in Setswana. Participation was by translating English Wikipedia articles into Setswana or each individual participants wrote their own articles from scratch. You could choose your own topic to write about also. Every participant could translate an article about their favorite musician or sports team and however thought about what topics would be of interest to many Setswana speakers in Botswana and around the world.
- Wikimania 2012 (read in Setswana)
- Botswana turned up for Wikimania 2012 which was held at George Washington University (GWU) in Washington, D.C. for the first time in its history. Wikimania is the annual international conference of the Wikimedia community. Wikimania allows the community and the general public to learn about and share their experiences with free knowledge initiatives all over the world.
Contact Wikimedia Botswana
Kindly join our frequently accessed talked page on the Setswana Wikimedia if you have a Wikipedia account and also if you have interests in being a member of Wikimedia Botswana. You can also write here.