Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2015/Programme/Education/Roadmap to designing a wiki education course
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Title of your proposal
- Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Vassia / User:Spiritia
- Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Problem solving (work in groups)
- The idea is to gather our collective experience and try to draw an adequate "roadmap" of the process of preparing and designing a new wiki education lecture course. Based on 7 years of experience with 9 thematically diverse lecture courses in 5 universities and 1 software academy (), I have tried to formulate this questionnaire that reflects my own expertise in the area and define the important questions that have navigated me on my way of designing such a course.
- The best setting in which I can discuss this "roadmap" or "protocol" with other like-minded and experienced wiki educators is exactly such a panel. People will be handed copies of the questionnaire (or can edit it in Etherpad) and will be asked to evaluate the relevance and weight of the questions, and of the provided answers, as well as include their own questions and answers, reflecting their own considerations and experience in designing wiki education courses. Also, the idea is that we try to formulate some "heuristics", i.e. broadly enough formulated rules for decision making based on the answers to the questions.
- Preliminary preparation (if necessary)
- You may want to check in advance the questionnaire. I will be happy to have more people preparing such questionnaires, in order to compare and take the best of all worlds. :)
- No, but bring own laptops. In the best case, at least several people shall be ready and willing to take notes for Etherpad.
- Expected outcomes
- In the best case, we will reach agreement about the important considerations and consequence of decisions in the course design phase, and learn how to make such courses useful and motivating for the students, teachers, and the wiki community.
- Duration (without Q&A)
- 25 minutes of work in groups, 25 minutes discussion (tentative, can be slightly reduced)
- Specific requirements
- Discussion moderator/facilitator
- Flipcharts and pencils
- Several round tables for working in groups.
- Interested attendees (Please add yourself, and you may indicate your questions to the presenter).