Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2015/Programme/Outreach/You talkin' to me(dia)?
Title of your proposal
- Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Vassia / Spiritia
- Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Lecture (one-to-many)
- Open discussion (many-to-many)
I'd like to present my personal experience, dating back to 2008 with handling contacts with representatives of various Bulgarian traditional media: TV, radio, press. I have several main topics to cover, but before I share my chunk of experience on each of them, I will initiate short open discussion among the audience. The topics namely are:
- Outreach and Inreach aspects of communicating with media
- Journalists' expectations and prejudices towards Wikipedia/Wikimedia/volunteers
- Top-of-mind considerations when a journalist calls for an interview (and demands immediate response)
- Considerations depending on the type of media: synchronous/asynchronous media, mass/niche media, etc.
- How to boost the good impressions (or repair the bad ones)
- Preliminary preparation (if necessary)
- Expected outcomes
- Improving Wikimedians' understanding of the specifics of "talkin' to me[dia]" :)
- Several learning patterns are on the way to stem from this topic (consulted with Maria Cruz).
- Duration (without Q&A)
- Specific requirements
- Moderator/facilitator needed
- Flipcharts and pencils
- Slides or further information
- Interested attendees (Please add yourself, and you may indicate your questions to the presenter).