Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2016/Programme/Submissions/Talking to the press. What the press wants from Wikipedia and how to represent Wikipedia in interviews
Talking to the press. What the press wants from Wikipedia and how to represent Wikipedia in interviews
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Gereon Kalkuhl, User:Gereon K.
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Presentation (one-to-many)
- Open discussion (many-to-many)
For 3 years I am one of the press contacts for the German language Wikipedia. In this time I gave many interviews in radio stations and for newspapers about Wikipedia. In 2012 I was part of the campaign The Impact of Wikipedia. I will talk about what it personally means to be in the public eye instead of editing anonymously, how to prepare for being interviewed live on radio and television, and how to use newspapers and magazines to have publicity and a wide reach about Wikimedia projects.
I would like to raise awareness of what it could mean to be in the public eye. Especially for women it can be difficult, because to be seen by millions of viewers could cause harassment. I would like everyone to learn how to prepare being in an interview situation.
Duration (without Q&A)
30 to 45 minutes?
Slides or further information
Interested attendees (Please add yourself, and you may indicate your questions to the presenter).
- Strainu (talk) 07:09, 23 June 2016 (UTC)
- Halibutt (talk) 21:36, 7 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Лорд Бъмбъри (talk) 19:43, 18 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Vojtěch Dostál (talk) 17:46, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Ivana Guslarevic (talk) 14:28, 22 July 2016 (UTC)
- --Γλαύκος (talk) 08:42, 25 August 2016 (UTC)