Travel to the meeting
Travelling to Armenia
The only international airport in Armenia is Zvartnots international airport which is 12 km far from the center of Yerevan. Other large cities near Yerevan are Tbilisi (290 km), Tehran (1150 km) and Istanbul (1800 km).
Travelling to Yerevan
On August 26 participants will arrive in Armenia. The best way to come to Yerevan is by taxi which costs approximately 10 USD. Do not agree to pay more than 10 USD. You will be met by volunteers with your nametags in the Zvartnots airport after which you will be accompanied by taxi to the hotel "Ararat", Yerevan. Ararat hotel is on Grigor Lusavorich street (7 Grigor Lusavorich), about 15 minutes walking from the Republic Square of Armenia and 5 minutes from Wikimedia Armenia office. In the evening of August 26, a small tour will be organized for arrived guests in Yerevan. If you are among them you will visit Matenadaran, a repository of ancient manuscripts, research institute, and museum, have a walk in Yerevan and visit WM AM office (2a Arshakunyats ave, Press House, 4rd Floor) after which we will have a welcome dinner.
Leaving to the venue
In the morning of August 27, all the participants of the CEE meeting will leave for Dilijan. Dilijan is a spa town in the Tavush Province of Armenia ~100 km far from Yerevan. All participants will stay in Dilijan Resort hotel for the conference days, where they'll have their breakfast and supper.
On August 27-29 the conference will be held in UWC Dilijan where participants will have their talks, share their experience and best practices. UWC Dilijan is 700 m far from Dilijan resort ~ 9 minutes to walk. Lunch will be served in the school dining room.
On August 29 a 1 hour edit-a-thon will be held where the participants will be offered to write and improve Armenian related articles in their language. We'll also have a meeting with the international school students where we suppose our guests can find their countrymen, have a pleasant talk :) This meeting will give us another opportunity to introduce wiki movement to a wider international audience. We hope we'll inspire the youth to become wiki editors :)
Travel from the meeting
In the evening of August 29 (before 18:00 p.m.), the participants will return to Yerevan where they will have dinner (Note: The Farewell dinner expenses won't be covered by WM AM). The farewell dinner isn't a must for everyone to be present, the participants can divide by groups and enjoy their dinner in different places.
If there are participants who would like to leave Yerevan on August 29, WM AM will arrange their departure to the airport (if WM AM is informed beforehand). Other participants will leave on August 30.
Passport holders of the following countries do not require a visa to enter Armenia:
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- Slovak Republic
Based on the principal of reciprocity, visa are not required by citizens of the following countries (exemptions in brackets):
- Azerbaidjan (on an ad hoc basis)
- PR China (diplomatic, service passports and passports for public affairs only)
- Egypt (diplomatic, official and service passports only)
- India (diplomatic passports only)
- Iran (diplomatic and service passports only)
- South Korea (diplomatic and service passports only)
- Kuwait (diplomatic and service passports only)
- Kyrgiz Republic
- Lebanon (diplomatic, service and special passports only)
- Mexico (diplomatic and service passports only)
- Philippines (diplomatic and service passports only)
- Serbia (diplomatic and service passports only)
- Singapore (diplomatic and service passports only)
- Syria (diplomatic, service and offical passports only)
- Turkmenistan (diplomatic and service passports only)
- United Arab Emirates (diplomatic passports only)
- Vietnam (diplomatic and official passports only)
Citizens of all other countries require visa for entering Armenia and need an invitation.