Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017/Programme/Submission/Creating programme proposals - WMUK’s experience
Title of your proposal
Creating programme proposals - WMUK’s experience
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Daria Cybulska, User:Daria_Cybulska_(WMUK)
- Wikimedia UK, Head of Programmes and Evaluation
- Management practices in Wikimedia affiliates (incl. grants funding and reporting)
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Presentation plus possibly Open discussion if there’s interest
Sharing experiences of 5 years of creating, delivering, and reporting on programme grant applications (mostly through the annual plan grant of FDC). For Wikimedia UK this would be in the context of a staffed chapter with an established community, however, the hope is that the lessons and reflections are universal.
I’ll explain how to make programmes focused, clearly articulated, and structured in such a way that makes their monitoring and evaluation fairly straightforward. I’ll share some pitfalls we came across, and tips that worked particularly well.
This presentation would be particularly useful to groups who have run programmes already and would like to grow their delivery. It focuses on programme delivery more than financial planning and reporting.
- Improved bid writing and reporting knowledge for groups involved with the FDC funding process
- Increased awareness of the key aspects of creating a programme grant proposal in the Wikimedia context
Duration (without Q&A)
Flexible, at least 10 minutes