Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017/Programme/Submission/How we organised an online Wikipedia school for Educators
Title of your proposal
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Wikipedia & Education (Wikiworkshops and other methods of teaching how to edit wiki project / Wikipedia in education / using wikipedia and sister projects as an educational tool)
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Presentation (one-to-many)
We present how we organized an online Wikipedia School for Educators of all grades in Greece. We present the contents and our conclusions from it. The School which lasted 8 weeks. More than 100 Educators participated from all levels, including higher education and adult education.
We present in the detail the online platform we created, the subjects we covered (Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikidata, Commons, etc.) We also show the videos we created, the assignments, the various onine tasks. We show results from the Skype meetings, the profile of the educators, the school projects we proposed to them and their feedback.
Part of this sumbission will also be presented in the 3rd Conference of the Scientific Assosiation for the Promotion of the Educational Innovation in Greece.
- Inspiration for similar activity in other countries
- Improve Wikipedia in Education
- Make this task more effective for the future
Duration (without Q&A)
- 20 minutes