Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017/Programme/Submission/Lua for your wiki
Title of your proposal
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Tobias Schönberg, User:Tobias1984
- Wikidata and wikidata related projects
- Content Contests (Article writing contests/challenges, Photo contests)
- CEE input to the Wikimedia movement strategy
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Workshop (work in groups)
We will dive straight into how Lua is used on Wikipedia to populate infoboxes, lists and other templates with information from Wikidata. For this we will learn what modules we need on the Wiki and how to invoke them. The session will be a workshop where we will quickly assess the current situation on your home wiki(s) and then dive into improving the Lua module structure or convert an existing template to Lua. Ideally we can find better ways to collaborate on modules that are useful for the whole CEE region.
- Create a CEE Lua community that can collaborate in the future.
- Identify key areas where the use of Lua and Wikidata can help the quality of a Wiki.
- Get a good overview over the connection between Wikidata, Lua-modules and Wikipedia.
- Learn things about data complexity and sourcing and how to tackle these issues.
Duration (without Q&A)
- 1.5 hours
- Should not overlap with this session: Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017/Programme/Submission/SPARQL for absolute beginners
- A workshop room with tables and a projector would be good.
Slides or further information
- The session did not use slides but followed this tutorial: d:Wikidata:Infobox Tutorial
- You should have a little experience with programming.
If you want to get involved in the planning / co-instructing of the session