Title of your proposal
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Marti Johnson, User:Mjohnson (WMF)
- Wikimedia Foundation, Program Officer for Project Grants
- Conflict resolution + Community health
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Presentation (one-to-many) and Open discussion (many-to-many)
Introduce a lens for interpreting conflict that supports connection, based on the needs consciousness model from Marshal Rosenberg's Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
Participants will be able to respond to conflict-oriented statements with greater awareness of their own and others' underlying needs.
Duration (without Q&A)
60 minutes minimum, 90 minutes better
- Will be bringing about 50 sheets of paper that need to be attached to the wall, so would be helpful to have painter's tape or some other adhesive that won't do damage.
- Circle arrangement is ideal, or groups at tables -- not seats in rows
- flipchart and markers helpful
Slides or further information
No slides for this presentation