Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2017/Programme/Submission/Wikimedia Hackathon goes CEE - what we learned from pre-hackathons across the region
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Title of your proposal
Wikimedia Hackathon goes CEE - what we learned from pre-hackathons across the region.
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Claudia Garád, Wikimedia Österreich User:Claudia.Garad
- Marios Magioladitis, User:Magioladitis
- Volunteer support and volunteer recruitment
- Real world events organization (editathons, meetings, camps, conferences, wiki expeditions)
- Bridging the gender gap (both contribution and content)
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Presentation (one-to-many)
- How pre-events can scale the impact of international conferences beyond the hosting country
- Learnings from different tech events in Greece, Romania, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Austria
- Inspired by the Pre-Hackathon in Palestine before the Wikimedia Hackathon 2016 in Israel, Wikimedia Austria decided to invite partner communities in the CEE region to adopt the concept and host local tech events before the main Hackathon in Vienna in May 2017. The communities of Greece, Romania, Hungary, and the Czech Republic came up with different ideas to participate in this initiative, designing events tailored to help them with local goals reaching from (tech) community building to programming important tools for local projects. In this session we reflect on what we learned, differences, and shared successes and challenges.
Inspiration for tech events and (tech) community building
Duration (without Q&A)
Slides or further information
Interested attendees (Please add yourself, and you may indicate your questions to the presenter).
- --Tobias1984 (talk) 18:31, 13 June 2017 (UTC)
- --LA2 (talk) 19:10, 17 June 2017 (UTC)
- -- Violetova (talk) 19:47, 25 June 2017 (UTC)
- --Nickispeaki (talk) 20:25, 12 July 2017 (UTC)
- --Pavlos1988 (talk) 16:53, 18 July 2017 (UTC)