Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/After spring comes summer? CEESpring roundtable
Jump to navigation Jump to search
After spring comes summer? CEESpring roundtable
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Michał Buczyński, User:Aegis Maelstrom
- Wikimedia Polska, Chair
- With help of: Philip Kopetzky (extra slides), Vassia Atanassova, Natalia Szafran-Kozakowska, Andrei Cipu
- Slides: Workshop Google Docs
- Strategic discussions:
- Increasing the level of cooperation on the level of communities.
- New cross-border projects, instead of or in addition to the existing CEE Spring.
- Capacity development:
- Technical skills, particularly to speed up the editing.
- Working groups:
- Trans-border contests: CEE Spring, WLE, WLM, European Science Photo Competition, Wikiexpeditions. Particularly, a lot of applicants mentioned desire to discuss the future of CEE Spring, or another contest which will replace it.
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Open discussion (many-to-many) - with elements of a workshop
Wikimedia CEE Spring has been running 4 times, directing editors to contribute to thousands of region-oriented articles. With lessons learnt, the flagship CEE programme deserves a proper self-assessment: including both numbers and local impressions. How could we improve the results and reduce the organizational burden? Can we expand this programme to e.g. include more outreach or should we close it and start anew? Your input is needed.
Duration (without Q&A)
Flipchart/whiteboard and markers
Discussion setap of the rool (e.g. roundtable setting)
Input from local orgs - TBA
Slides or further information
- Etherpad with minutes and notes for the session (feel free to add points of your own you feel are important to talk about)
Interested attendees (Please add yourself, and you may indicate your questions to the presenter).
- --CDG (WMAT staff) (talk) 06:00, 21 September 2018 (UTC)