Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/Future of CEE Spring
Title of your proposal
Future of CEE Spring
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Natalia Szafran-Kozakowska, User:Magalia, WMPL
- Vassia Atanassova, User:Spiritia, Wikimedians of Bulgaria
- Philip Kopetzky, User:Philip Kopetzky, WMAT
- Strategic discussions:
- New cross-border projects, instead of or in addition to the existing CEE Spring.
- Capacity development:
- Creation and development of local communities. Recognition from WMF. Support of small communities.
- Wikidata, particularly integration into local wikis.
- Encouragement of new editors.
- Outreach, particularly in education.
- Dealing with paid editing.
- Technical skills, particularly to speed up the editing.
- Working groups:
- Trans-border contests: CEE Spring, WLE, WLM, European Science Photo Competition, Wikiexpeditions. Particularly, a lot of applicants mentioned desire to discuss the future of CEE Spring, or another contest which will replace it.
- Gender Gap.
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Workshop (work in groups)
- Open discussion (many-to-many)
Discussing this year's CEE Spring and how we would like to do with CEE Spring in 2019. Is the current model still working, do we need to change it? Can we use this as a model for something else?
- An concrete idea of what CEE Spring 2019 should look like
- Spin-offs / replacements that are promising
Duration (without Q&A)
Flipcharts, moderator equipment, projector
Slides or further information
To be linked here