Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/Lexeme editing session
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lexeme editing session
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Tobias, Schönberg, User:Tobias1984
- Wikidata, particularly integration into local wikis.
- Encouragement of new editors.
- Technical skills, particularly to speed up the editing.
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Workshop (work in groups)
Let's spend some time together and edit lexemes and discuss the implications. Let's compare what works in our respective languages and what needs improvement.
Last 15 minutes of session will discuss the following topics:
- Should Wiktionary switch to a lexeme based structure? It would allow a 1:1 link between lexemes and Wiktionary pages, thereby enabling easier reuse of text and data between Wikidata and all the Wiktionary languages.
- Can structured lexicographical data be used to enrich Wikipedia (also mobile reading and editing) and is this the right time to revive the Wiktionary app?
- Everybody learns something about lexemes
- Everybody has a rough idea what lexemes can do for other projects. Especially for Wiktionary, and mobile apps.
Duration (without Q&A)
1 - 1.5 hours. Whatever fits into the schedule.
Enough tables to set up laptops for editing.
Slides or further information