Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/Wikimedia & Education: developing a framework that values our community
Wikimedia & Education: developing a framework that values our community
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Nichole, Saad User:NSaad_(WMF)
- Senior Program Manager, Education at the Wikimedia Foundation
- Outreach, particularly in education.
- Trans-border cooperation (several separate topics of cooperation applicable, particularly, article contests, GLAM and other projects).
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Workshop (work in groups)
At Wikimania in Cape Town 2018 during the workshop "Digital Equity in Education and Wikimedia projects" the group discussed developing adding to the digital equity in education framework "access to community." This workshop will present the framework and ask participants to contribute to developing a framework that demonstrates the importance of the Wikimedia community when teaching about Wikimedia in education.
- Have a deeper understanding of the value that Wikimedia projects bring to education
- Have a stronger ability to advocate for the use of Wikimedia projects in education
- Be able to use the digital equity in education framework to design Wikimedia & education activities
Duration (without Q&A)
Flipcharts, markers, projector