Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018 Lviv, Ukraine, October 13-15
Call for submissions closed on August 26, 2018, 23:59:59 (UTC).
Based on survey's results the program committee decided that the following topics are to be taken into consideration when submitting the applications for lectures, workshops and discussion panels:
- Strategic discussions:
- Increasing the level of cooperation on the level of communities.
- New cross-border projects, instead of or in addition to the existing CEE Spring.
- Attracting new editors and creating comfortable conditions for them.
- Developments of small communities.
- Implementation of Wikimedia 2030 strategy in the region.
- Gender gap.
- Capacity development:
- Creation and development of local communities. Recognition from WMF. Support of small communities.
- Wikidata, particularly integration into local wikis.
- Encouragement of new editors.
- Outreach, particularly in education.
- Conflict resolution.
- Dealing with paid editing.
- Writing and using learning patterns.
- Technical skills, particularly to speed up the editing.
- Working groups:
- Trans-border cooperation (several separate topics of cooperation applicable, particularly, article contests, GLAM and other projects).
- Trans-border contests: CEE Spring, WLE, WLM, European Science Photo Competition, Wikiexpeditions. Particularly, a lot of applicants mentioned desire to discuss the future of CEE Spring, or another contest which will replace it.
- Advocacy & Copyright Law.
- Gender Gap.
We welcome different types of submissions - workshops, discussion panels etc. We also have two requirements:
- your submission must fit with one of the topics listed above, and
- your submission must include time for discussions/work; we don't welcome lectures without interaction with the audience.
List of submissions