Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2019/Programme/Submissions/Long distance relationships: affiliates and geographic dispersion
- Long distance relationships
- affiliates and geographic dispersion
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- Author(s) of the submission
Wikimedians of Romania and Moldova
- Community Engagement
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
Due to emigration, local censorship or just lack of resources, some affiliates in the CEE end up having to handle geographic dispersion as part of they business model. This means less face2face time, different timezones, holidays etc. This roundtable is a place were interested parties can exchange ideas and best practices on how to make such an organization successful and hopefully come up with a learning pattern.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
The issue addressed by this roundtable affects a large number of CEE affiliates. Having a learning pattern come out of it would help communities overcome such problems.
- Special requirements
I would prefer not to be the facilitator for this session, so having a facilitator would help.
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- There could be at least two aspects discussed here: (1) collaboration with diaspora, solving possible tension between those who stayed at home and those who moved abroad; (2) people from different cities working together --Papuass (talk) 09:18, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
- Vogone (talk) 12:52, 15 July 2019 (UTC)
- Yupik (talk) 23:45, 26 July 2019 (UTC)
- Samat (talk) 09:04, 9 August 2019 (UTC)