Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2019/Programme/Submissions/Practical Tools for Wikimedia Commons
- Title of the submission
Practical Tools for Wikimedia Commons
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- Author(s) of the submission
- Wikimedia Commons
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
During this workshop we'll go on an expedition for helpful tools to efficiently contribute photos to Wikimedia Commons. The first stage will be itinerary planning (using tools such as WikiShootMe!, image requests, a mobile map app such as OsmAnd). We will start the photo tour (using tools to record the location, determine position of the sun, ticking completed items). Back home we'll post process the photos, categorize, describe and upload them (using darktable, dtMediaWiki, HotCat, Upload Wizard w/ campaigns and pre-filled fields). Finally I'll discuss some tools to efficiently work with existing images (Cat-a-lot, VisualFileChange, locator-tool, CropTool).
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
Having an efficient workflow, allows photographers to focus on their hobby: taking pictures. Lowers the bar for contributing to campaigns such as Wiki Loves Monuments.
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
- File:Practical Tools for Wikimedia Commons CEEM 2019.pdf
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).