Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020/Programme/Submissions/Opportunities for 1Lib1Ref in CEE
- Title of the submission
Opportunities for 1Lib1Ref in CEE
- Type of submission (lightning talk, discussion, panel, workshop)
- Author(s) of the submission
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Track (COVID-19, Basic capacity development, Advanced capacity development)
- Basic capacity development
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
Librarians are a critical part of the knowledge ecosystem in any part of the world. Their services have preserved and most often led researchers and seekers of knowledge to the right content. However in an era of Wikipedia where everyone can play a role in knowledge curation, librarians are even more needed to ensure that information reaching the masses are properly sourced or verifiable. The 1lib1ref campaign has over the years been a pivotal tool for librarian recruitment into our movement and the campaign has also been the avenue to improve the reliability and quality of articles on Wikipedia. In recent iterations of the campaign, we have been able to iterate on partnership strategies library networks to grow community participation both in the CEE region, and in other communities, such as in Africa in May 2020. This panel will reflect on our successes and failures, lessons learned and discuss how to involve the CEE region more in the coming years.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
The session will provide opportunities on how to take advantage of 1lib1ref to increase contribution from the CEE region.
- Do you plan to pre-record a video with a presentation?
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).