Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020/Programme/Submissions/Pros and Cons of Engaging with CEE Spring for a small language Wikipedia
- Title of the submission
Pros and Cons of Engaging with CEE Spring for a small language Wikipedia
- Type of submission (lightning talk, discussion, panel, workshop)
- Author(s) of the submission
- Neville Borg
- Toni Sant
- Davide Denti
Wikimedia Community Malta
- Track (COVID-19, Basic capacity development, Advanced capacity development)
- Advanced capacity development
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
CEE Spring 2020 provided Wikimedia Community Malta's an opportunity for its first formal engagement with Maltese-language Wikipedia. Through participation in CEE Spring 2020, WCM sought to not only broaden engagement with mt.wikipedia and improve content, but also to identify and address long-standing infrastructural issues that exist within it. Malta's participation in CEE Spring 2020 helped to articulate a clearer path through which mt.wikipedia can develop. This panel will discuss the process by which this plan is being developed, the challenges faced when working within a small-language Wikipedia, and how participation in CEE Spring is helping to achieve these goals.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
Discussing the pros and cons of engaging with CEE Spring on a small language Wikipedia will benefit everyone involved by providing a forum for reflection on recent activities and planning for future editions.
- Do you plan to pre-record a video with a presentation?
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).