Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2020/Programme/Submissions/Unlocking more forms of free knowledge with Wikispore
- Title of the submission
Unlocking more forms of free knowledge with Wikispore
- Type of submission (lightning talk, discussion, panel, workshop)
- Author(s) of the submission
- Gergő Tisza
- Richard Knipel
- Track (COVID-19, Basic capacity development, Advanced capacity development)
Basic capacity development
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
Wikispore is proposed meta-sister-project that acts as an incubator for new sister projects. The panel discusses why there is a need for it, how it fits into the movement's strategic plans, how it could be implemented, what has been done so far and what are the current challanges. The audience is then invited to discuss challenges, pitfalls and potential applications to the CEE region.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
Wikispore is an attempt to enable the creation of new sister projects, to better capture the full diversity of free knowledge. It would provide an opportunity for CEE communities to experiment with knowledge types, workflows and social structures that are a particularly good match for the region, and to expand the Wikimedia community by offering a more diverse array of topics and modes of participation.
- Do you plan to pre-record a video with a presentation?
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).