Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021
Meet for a Better Future!
This page provides general information and guidelines on the process of submitting session proposals for the Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021.
- Call for submissions opens on 1 July 2021 00:00 (CEST).
- Call for submissions closes on 31 August 2021 23:59 (CEST).
There are no pre-defined tracks in the submission process. You will be asked to indicate the theme(s) that your submission fits the best and the level of its advancement.
The sessions at the conference will be organised in several formats and you will have the choice between the following submission types:
- Lightning talk: One presenter gives a talk with no follow-up by the audience. The total time for a lightning talk will be 5 minutes.
- Discussion: One presenter moderates a discussion on a particular topic and invites the audience to join and share their opinions. The total time for a lecture will be 45 minutes.
- Panel: A small group of people presents or discusses a particular topic and responds to questions and comments from the audience. The total time for a panel will be 45 minutes.
- Workshop: One or two moderators present(s) a topic by actively interacting with the audience. The total time for a workshop will be 45 minutes.
You will be asked to provide the following information in the application form:
- the title of the submitted proposal;
- the general topics covered with the proposal;
- the name(s) and affiliation(s) of the author(s);
- an abstract describing the topic of the proposal; and
- a brief statement on how the proposal is beneficial.
You will not be asked about the time needed to present your proposed session because each submission type will have standardised duration to which you will have to abide (see Submission types). So please make sure that you have properly adjusted your proposal to fit within the standardised duration for the specific submission type.
How to submit a session proposal?
You can submit your session proposal by following these steps:
- Step 1: Insert the title of your proposal in the text entry box below.
- Step 2: Click on the "Add new proposal" button to create a new application form.
- Step 3: Fill in the application form and save the page to submit your proposal.
You can also submit your proposal as a pre-recorded video!
Please make sure that you have logged in before submitting your proposal.
Note: By submitting a proposal, you must agree that:
- your proposal's abstract and any slides associated with it will be released under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike Licence 3.0; and
- if accepted, the session will be recorded and made available in audio and/or visual form under the aforesaid licence.
If you prefer not to be filmed during your session, please indicate it as a special requirement while submitting your proposal.
If you have any questions regarding the submission process, you can contact the members of the Programme Committee.