Please find Wikimedia CH's February newsletter.
If you wish to share an event or activity through this newsletter, please feel free to send us a message at email@example.com. Happy reading!
General Assembly 2016: April, 2nd 2016
Wikimedia CH's General Assembly will be taking place on April 2nd in Lausanne from 10:15 am. After the General Assembly, a complimentary lunch will be available and finally a Wikidata training will be provided. Save the date and check out all the information on the event's page: here .We look forward to seeing you there.
- Wikimedia January brunch
We would like to thank all the people who supported & joined us for the various events happening to celebrate Wikipedia's 15th birthday. The event received a good media coverage which you may consult in the press section.
- Web 3.0, the power of the semantic web & structured data
The presentation of Wikidata and the 15th birthday of Wikipedia was celebrated in Lugano on January 20th. All the presentations are available on the ATED website. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the participants as well as ATED-ICT Ticino who hosted the event and helped us organize the event.
- Art + Feminism 2016
Art+Feminism is a rhizomatic campaign to improve coverage of women and the arts on Wikipedia, and to encourage female editorship. In 2016, the Wikipedia Art & Feminism Edit-a-thon will take place simultaneously in several cities in Switzerland from the 4th to the 6th March. See the french, german and italian event pages to get more information with regards to the different language-regions in Switzerland.
Wikimania Esino Lario
Get your scholarships
Wikimedia CH is glad to grant scholarships to active contributors living in Switzerland in order to attend Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario. You can submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the eligibility criteria to receive a grant is to be an active contributor to a Wikimedia project. Each person who will receive a grant is asked to commit to share your learnings & take aways from the event to your respective communities after the conference. Therefore we would much appreciate if you could detail, in your application, how you intend to carry this in 1-2 sentences. Last but not least, please indicate in your application whether you are interested to join for a shared transportation by bus to Esino Lario or if you wish to travel independently (by train). A departure from Bern to Esino Lario is scheduled on June, 23d at 2pm and a return leg will depart from Esino Lario to Bern on June, 26 at 2pm. The deadline for the application is on March 31.
Collection Max van Berchem online
|06.02.2016||Wikipedia Writing Atelier||Swiss National Library in Bern|
|15.02.2016||Wikipedia-Atelier: How to edit an article||Volkshochschule Bern|
|20.02.2016||Anniversary 50th Wikipedia Stammtisch||Zürich|
|23.02.2016||Let's fill the wiki gender gap||University of Geneva|
|25.02.2016||Wikipedia-Atelier: How to upload an image||Volkshochschule Bern|
Switzerland has a new OGD portal
- (fr) 22 January 2016, RTS, projet "let's fill the gender gap" mentionned from 6 ‘51 in the second press review, before the 8 am newscast
- (fr) 22 January 2016, Anoucka Wittwer, Wikipédia en manque de femmes, le Novelliste
- (fr) 22 January 2016, Anoucka Wittwer, Wikipédia en manque de femmes, l'Express
- (fr) 22 January 2016, Anoucka Wittwer, Wikipédia en manque de femmes, La Côte
- (fr) 16 January 2016, Couleur 3, Wikipedia fête ses quinze ans
- (fr) 15 January 2016, Le Temps, Wikipedia fête ses 15 and ce vendredi
- (fr) 15 January 2016, Le Temps, Wikipedia: 5 aspects méconnus de la plus celèbre encyclopédie du monde
- (de) 15 January 2016, Radio Zürichsee, Wikipedia: Das weltweit grösste Online-Lexikon feiert 15 Jahre
- (de) 15 January 2016, Als das Wissen zum Selbstläufer wurde
- (de) 15 January 2016, SRF Tagesschau, Radio und Artikel online, 15 Jahre Wikipedia: Erfolgsplattform mit Nachwuchsproblemen
- (fr) 14 January 2016, Ecoliers et étudiants, souhaitez un bon anniversaire à votre sauveur : Wikipédia a 15 ans !
- (it) 14 January 2016, Web 3.0 il potenziale del web semantico (TIO.ch)
- (it) 14 January 2016, Web 3.0 il potenziale del web semantico (ATED)
- (fr) 12 January, Wikipédia, 15 ans d’universalité
- (de) 11 January 2016, Swisscom, 15 Jahre Wikipedia
- (de) 11 January 2016, Der Schweizer Bauer, Freies Wissen: 15 Jahre Wikipedia
- (de) 11 January 2016, watson, 7 Beispiele, die zeigen, dass selbst Wikipedia manchmal total daneben liegt
- (de) 11 January 2016, Schweizer Magazin, Wikipedia feiert 15 Jahre freies Wissen
- (fr) 11 January 2016, Le Temps, Wikipédia, une quinceañera qui grandit wikiwiki