Please find the eight installment of the newsletter.
If you wish to share an event or activity through this newsletter, please contact us through email@example.com. Happy reading!
- Annual Plan 2016
- Wikimedia CH is in the middle of planning the programs, projects and activities for next year in order to set up the annual plan for 2016. In case you have ideas or concrete plans, please get in touch so that we can have a look at how we can integrate your propositions!
- Hack-the-City and Wikimedia CH
- Wikimedia CH and Wikimania's Esino Lario team organized a meeting of wikipedians in Chiasso during Hack-the-City, the first open-air hackathon in Switzerland. On the d-day, the wikipedians met the organizers of the event, discussed about the format and the challenge to organize such a gathering. The meeting ended with a discussion about Wikimania 2016.
- WikiCon in September
- Wikipedia conference "Who speaks about what?"in September
- On September 29, a three-voice conference will take place to address the topic of women's contribution on the online encyclopedia Wikipedia. This event is happening thanks to a partnership between the Emilie Gourd Foundation, the University of Geneva ( UNIGE ) and Wikimedia CH.
- Following the conference, practical editing workshops will take place during the fall at the University. The purpose will be to teach how to contribute on Wikipedia especially focusing on creating and improving the biographies of women in Switzerland. The registration for the workshops began on September 3, to register click here,more information is available here
- These workshops are happening thanks to the grant application to the Wikimedia Foundation's Inspire Campaign by the users: Nattes à chat and LaMèreVeille with the support of WMCH, to acess the full picture of the project, check it out here.
- Wikisource Conference in November
- The first international Wikisource Conference will take place in Vienna this November 20-22. This project has been the center of the attention for a while and we are so delighted that the event is happening. Wikimedia CH is glad to provide 2 scholarships to active contributors. Get in touch if you're interested! And find out more here
- Portraits of public personalities for Wikimedia Commons and Wikipedia
- Early July, user:Pyb and user:RamaNeko shot a series of portraits of political, industrial and literary personalities in Paris. Wikimedia France and Wikimedia CH both supported the initiative. The first images are available here
- Edit Button "visualized" by a bachelor student in Visual Communication
- Wikimedia CH helped a student of SUPSI (University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Italian Switzerland), Alessandro Serravalle, to realize his bachelor's project in Visual Communication. The work is a small video about the use of the button "Edit". We invite you to comment on the discussion page of the video by giving your feedback and suggestions. To view the video click here.
During Wikimania in Mexico, the video of the upcoming Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario has been released. Watch the video on Wikimedia Commons here.
- KIWIX for iOS
- We have great news: Wikipedia offline is now available on your iPhone! Download it today from the iTunes Store and use Wikipedia offline wherever you are. As a reminder, for all of those who have Android phones: The KIWIX App is also available in the Google Play Store.
- Arbido Wikimedia Issue
- We are very happy about the Arbido September issue which is dedicated to GLAM und/et/e Wikimedia. Thanks to all the people who contributed and shared their experiences, stories and passion.
- Collaborations in Ticino
- Wikimedia CH is continuing its effort of collaboration with local museums in Ticino. On August 31st, a small team of the Italian Swiss community met up with the people from the Museum of the radio of Monte Ceneri.
|05.09.2015||Wikipedia Edit-a-thon "Biographies"||Bern, Swiss Federal Archives|
|04. & 05.09.2015||Election Hackdays||Zurich & Lausanne|
|10.09.2015||Wikipedia conference for the association Swiss Engineering||Lausanne|
|26.09.2015||Wikipedians visit the University Library in Basel||Basel|
|29.09.2015||Conference about Wikipedia "Who says what?"||University of Geneva|
|06.10.2015||Wikipedia Workshop "Let's fill the gender gap"||University of Geneva|
|14.10.2015||Reunion of the alemannic Wikipedians||Einsiedeln|
|27.10.2015||Wikipedia Workshop "Let's fill the gender gap"||University of Geneva|
|31.10.2015||Wikipedia Atelier for Women, in collaboration with the Archive for Women-, Gender- and Social History in Eastern Switzerland||St.Gallen|
|03.10.2015||Wikipedia Workshop "Let's fill the gender gap"||University of Geneva|
|07.11.2015||Wikipedia Atelier for Women, in collaboration with the association Women in Nidwalden and Engelberg: History and Stories||Nidwalden|