Organization Meeting of Wikimedia Canada
Fourth Formal Formation Meeting
- Dissemination of information. Defining the role of the secretary and web master.
- Communication (Collecting telephone and email information for committee members)
- Web site layout, defining process for completion and delegation of work.
- WMF Chapter committee report on Logo guidelines.
Communication and defining roles
- The roles of Secretary and Webmaster are defined.
- Communication between the Secretary (Mitchell) and the Webmaster (Ayelie) is discussed.
- Steering Committee members are reminded to submit contact info to the Secretary (Mitchell).
- Webmaster, Ayelie, has been brainstorming ideas for a new page design.
- Mitchell's draft (at User:Greeves/WMC) was made mention of.
- Language select is deemed to be preferable to Template:Other languages which was used in Mitchell's original draft.
- Chapters Committee member and Steering Committee adviser, Andrew W, reports back from the Chapters Committee regarding logos.
- In short, Andrew W says that the Chapters Committee will not accept anything that looks like the Wikimedia Foundation logo unless it is the standard chapter logo.
- As for logos that look nothing like that of the WMF logo, they are acceptable, though the Chapters Committee prefers the standard logo.
- For the meantime, the standard logo will be used.
- The next meeting will be March 5, 2008.
- The logo will be discussed at that time.
All times are UTC -6.
- HOTR (Gerald) - Toronto
- Mitchell (Greeves) - Winnipeg, MB
- Ayelie -from Ottawa, still in Waterloo
- OhanaUnited - Richmond Hill, ON
Unable to attend, but interested
February 13, 2008
|WMC Fourth Formal Formation Meeting
February 20, 2008
March 5, 2008