Wikimedia Community User Group Belarus
|Wikimedia Community |
|Approval date||18 July 2015|
|Membership||25 (30 January 2020)|
|Volunteers||3 (24 January 2020)|
The need to take part in international Wikimedia life more actively has ripened now. Therefore it is necessary to be more organised and collaborative. User group can become the first step in Belarusian Wikimedia branch deployment.
User group unites active Wikimedians from all Belarusian Wikimedia projects and helps involving other Wikimedians in common deals, as well as developing their social impact through the creation and proliferation of free content, and keeping open principles in knowledge management and in self-government.
To make Belarusian Wikipedians' community life more vibrant through support and promotion of the local culture, the Belarusian language and free knowledge.
- To represent both Belarusian Wikipedias (classical and academic) in international relations.
- To widen media presence and public awareness about Belarusian Wikipedia's community activities.
- To make collaborative projects with other interest groups, social initiatives, NGOs and local communities in Belarus and abroad.
- Last but not least, to support the the creation of a Wikimedia chapter in Belarus.
- To organise and host the regional Eastern-Europe Wikimedia Conference.
Interested in external activities
- To make mutual wikicamps with other user groups and chapters.
- To build online bridges with Wikimedians from different affiliates.
Recent and Future Activities
Here is you can observe Wikimedia Community Belarus Activity from 2015 until now.
- 3 кастрычніка 2015, сустрэча, Беларусь - Wiki Meet-up, 3rd October 2015
- 19th of December 2015 - Reflection year activity
- 19th of March 2016 - Planning wiki expedition and Wiki Spring
- 21th of June 2016 - Second Annual meeting of User Group
- 10th of September, 2016 - Wiki-meet-up (planning and reports)
- 13th of December, 2016 - wiki meet-up: how to write bots.
- 21st of January, 2017 - Topic: Wikipedia and education
- 6th December, 2018 - report at be-tarask-wiki
- 10th of January, 2019 - Wiki-meet-up - link at be-tarask-wiki
- 7th of February, 2019 - Wiki-meet-up - link at be-tarask-wiki
- 11th of April, 2019 - Wiki-meet-up - link at be-wiki
- 2nd of May, 2019 - Wiki-meet-up - link at be-wiki
- 19th of September, 2019 - Wiki-meet-up - link at be-wiki
- 28th of November, 2019 - Wiki-meet-up - link at be-wiki
- 2020: 27 February - 38th Wiki Meet-up (be-tarask), 24 September - 39th Wiki Meet-up (be-tarask).
Founders and participants
- Da voli
- Mr._Zabej - contact person
- Maksim L. - contact person
- Tomasz Bladyniec
- Lady Di~bewiki
- Raviaka Ruslan - contact person
- Ihar Dorinel
- User:Vit Koz
- Communicator (external relationships) - User:Mr._Zabej
- Content manager (update meeting pages)
- Event managers (regular meetups)
- Translator (Interpreter) into English and Belarusian - User:W
- Reporting - User:Da_voli
How to join us
- You share our principles
- Add your name and account name to the page in section "Founders and participants"
- Join us in FB