Wikimedia Community User Group Belarus
|Languages:||English · беларуская (тарашкевіца)|
|Wikimedia Community |
|Approval date||18 July 2015|
|Official language(s)||Belarusian , Russian|
The need to take part in international Wikimedia life more actively has ripened now. Therefore it is necessary to be more organised and collaborative. User group can become the first step in Belarusian Wikimedia branch deployment.
User group unites active Wikimedians from all Belarusian Wikimedia projects and helps involving other Wikimedians in common deals, as well as developing their social impact through the creation and proliferation of free content, and keeping open principles in knowledge management and in self-government.
To make Belarusian Wikipedians' community life more vibrant through support and promotion of the local culture, the Belarusian language and free knowledge.
- To represent both Belarusian Wikipedias (classical and academic) in international relations.
- To widen media presence and public awareness about Belarusian Wikipedia's community activities.
- To make collaborative projects with other interest groups, social initiatives, NGOs and local communities in Belarus and abroad.
- Last but not least, to support the the creation of a Wikimedia chapter in Belarus.
- To organise and host the regional Eastern-Europe Wikimedia Conference in 2016 (or 2017).
Interested in external activities
- To make mutual wikicamps with other user groups and chapters.
- To build online bridges with Wikimedians from different affiliates.
Recent and Future Activities
Here is you can observe Wikimedia Community Belarus Activity from 2015 until now.
- 3 кастрычніка 2015, сустрэча, Беларусь - Wiki Meet-up, 3rd October 2015
- 19th of December 2015 - Reflection year activity
- 19th of March 2016 - Planning wiki expedition and Wiki Spring
- 21th of June 2016 - Second Annual meeting of User Group
- 10th of September, 2016 - Wiki-meet-up (planning and reports)
- 13th of December, 2016 - wiki meet-up: how to write bots.
- 21 of January, 2017 - Topic: Wikipedia and education
- 6th December, 2018 - report at be-tarask-wiki
Founders and participants
- Vasil Kisliak (Da voli), Minsk
- Mikhail Volchak (Mr._Zabej), Мinsk — contact person
- Maksim Lepushenka (Maksim L.), Minsk
- Raman Patapchuk (Renessaince), Minsk — contact person
- Aliaksei Dvaretski (Alaksiej), Minsk
- Volha Sitnik (Хомелка), Minsk
- Sviatlana Yermakovich (Svetit), Minsk
- Tomasz Bladyniec (Bladyniec), Warsaw
- Hanna Baradzina (Hannabaradzina), Hrodna
- Anatolii Kalinin (Artificial123), Minsk
- Ihar Ciareszczanka (Belarus2578), Minsk — contact person
- Maksim Liashko (Liashko), Minsk
- Dziana Ivanova (Lady Di~bewiki), Minsk
- Ruslan Raviaka (Raviaka Ruslan), Baranavichy
- Mark Bernshtein, Minsk
- Kiryl Viarenich (Jarash), Minsk
- Ihar Daronin (Ihar Dorinel), Minsk
- Uladzimir Rusakovich (User:W), Minsk
- Communicator (external relationships) - Mr._Zabej
- Content manager (update meeting pages)
- Event managers (regular meetups)
- Translator (Interpreter) into English and Belarusian - User:W
- Reporting - Da voli
How to join us
- You share our principles
- Add your name and account name to the page in section "Founders and participants"
- Join us in FB