Koma Bikarhênerên Civaka Wikimedia ya Malîzya
Koma Bikarhênerên Civaka
Wikimedia ya Malîzya
|Legal status||Rexistina Nemîrî|
(Li jêr ROS: PPM-025-01-12022020 hatiye tomarkirin)
|Approval date||10 Rezber/Îlon 2017|
|Volunteers||8 (endamên serek)|
|Official language(s)||Zimanê inglîzî, Zimanê Malayî|
|Other language(s)||Mandarîn, Zimanê tamîlî|
|Affiliations||Herêma Rojhelat û Başûr-rojhelatê Asya û Okyanûsa Aram|
- ESP-WE Wikiesfera Grupo de Usuarixs
- H-GAPS H-GAPS User Group
- MK-SK Shared Knowledge
- NGA-HA Hausa Wikimedians User Group
- NGA-IG Igbo Wikimedians User Group
- RU-Don Don Wikimedians User Group
- US-NE New England Wikimedians
- WJ WikiJournal
- WK? Whose Knowledge?
"Koma Bikarhênerên Civaka Wikimedia ya Malîziya" ("MYS") komeka bikarhênerên Wikimedia ye ji wan kesan re ye, yên ku li Malîziya dijîn, yan pê bayex didin yan pê pêwendin herweku pêwendiyên wê bi cîranên wê re û tevahiya cîhanê re. Bixwîne nivîsandokek zanyariyên me yên serek
We support the goals of the Wikimedia Foundation, including the work of volunteers on Wikimedia projects as well as numerous other free knowledge initiatives. Our aim is to support, promote, and educate the general public about the availability and use of free and open educational content, which includes the ability to access, develop and contribute to Wikimedia projects. Our medium language is English (en) and/or Malay (ms), but we are also trying to expand the usage of Mandarin (zh), Cantonese (zh-yue) and Tamil (ta) languages, and probably one of the indigenous language of Malaysia.
In the event of discrepancy of information between the other language versions of this page, the English version of this Malaysia user group shall prevail. The Wikimedia Community User Group Malaysia upholds strict zero discrimination, venue with disability access, friendly space, nonprofit activities, weekend-only events, low profile and open and transparent policies.
The organization was founded on 22 May 2016 in Nusajaya (Johor) with our very first meetup (in English). On 10 September 2017, it was recognized as a user group under the name Wikimedia Community User Group Malaysia by Wikimedia Foundation. On 12 February 2020, it was officially registered and listed as a national-level non-governmental organization (NGO) under the National Registration Department of the Ministry of Home Affairs of Malaysia under the designated name Wiki Community Welfare User Association Malaysia.
The main objectives of the affiliate is:
- Organise public outreach activities around the county;
- Act as a hub for Wikimedians in Malaysia;
- Collaborate with the wider regional and international Wikimedia community (starting from neighboring countries of Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore etc and further to expand to more countries worldwide);
- Promote Wikipedia and various Malaysian Wikimedia projects throughout Malaysia and rest of the World;
- Act as a voice and representative for the Malaysian Wikimedia community.
To achieve these objectives, the User Group will organize and arrange various meetups, seminars, training and drives both on and off-wiki. Our goal is to set a solid foundation for a Wikimedia in Malaysia and to run series of Wikimedia-related projects and initiatives throughout Malaysia. All of these are being done with good-intention, open-mindedness, sincere heart, polite words, never look down/mock/make fun on anyone, and with the utmost respect to anyone we are dealing with, because we believe that anyone of us is different and has his/her own unique strength to contribute to the movement. This is what truly describe who we are.
See previous events here.
In the news
- (18 Jan 2021) Jasa ilmu penyunting Wikipedia – Harian Metro. (Archived)
- (11 Jan 2021) Volunteers in Malaysia keep Wikipedia free from trolls – The Star.